Joy Division / New Order thread

Sorry to ask this again, but as someone who never listened to NO (I felt so bereft of JD after Curtis), I feel I ought to give them a go, after all these years. Which CDs should I start with? I swear I'll note it down this time.
I'd listen to the first four albums, ideally in order:

Movement
Power Corruption and Lies
Lowlife
Brotherhood.

If I had to nominate one as their best it would be Lowlife. That's the definitive mid 80s New Order sound of a band at their peak IMO.

I'd listen to the first four albums, ideally in order:

Movement
Power Corruption and Lies
Lowlife
Brotherhood.

If I had to nominate one as their best it would be Lowlife. That's the definitive mid 80s New Order sound of a band at their peak IMO.
Lowlife my favourite as well. Great record

Fuck, just listened to "These Days" loud and on good headphones, and realised that it actually grooves harder than "Love Will Tear Us Apart Again". Something to do with Hooky's bass line being very clear in the mix, and everything being stripped right down by Hannett.

I've not listened to Joy Division for ages but been playing the over the last few days. I've never really paid much attention to Walked In Line before and now wondering how I had ever over looked it. Amazing stuff.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.