Joy Division / New Order thread

Went to watch them at Piece Hall, Halifax last night and it was an incredible gig by and incredible band. Still sound as fresh as when I saw them for the first time at the festival of 10th summer back in 1986. Hooky isn't missed.

With England playing it actually got my questioning if I'd ever been to a gig when City are playing. Answer was no but quite a few after the match. Even been to a few gigs after a night game at Maine Road.

I fuckin loved it tonight. I didn't recognise many tunes and I'm no way a big fan, but I know what I know and really enjoyed it. The atmosphere around me and my mates was top and thought the sound system was great.
True Faith mixing into Blue Monday, what can go wrong with that. And finishing off with Love will tear us apart, and singing your heart out without singing City or utd songs to it and just appreciating it for what it actually is, was wonderful.

Edit* Some really good visuals too, not just the mint lasers etc but some poignant pictures of Ian Curtis.

Last edited:
I fuckin loved it tonight. I didn't recognise many tunes and I'm no way a big fan, but I know what I know and really enjoyed it. The atmosphere around me and my mates was top and thought the sound system was great.
True Faith mixing into Blue Monday, what can go wrong with that. And finishing off with Love will tear us apart, and singing your heart out without singing City or utd songs to it and just appreciating it for what it actually is, was wonderful.

Edit* Some really good visuals too, not just the mint lasers etc but some poignant pictures of Ian Curtis.
I've heard Bernard Sumner is worse than Ian Brown for singing live, how did he sound to you?

Never forget an interview with Hook and when asked about Man City he compared us to a tramp down an alley who finds a wad of cash. In other words classless. At least Hucknall has said it’s healthy for Manchester to have two strong teams and he welcomed it.
Personally I like to separate football from music - otherwise you’d find a reason not to like anyone

Never forget an interview with Hook and when asked about Man City he compared us to a tramp down an alley who finds a wad of cash. In other words classless. At least Hucknall has said it’s healthy for Manchester to have two strong teams and he welcomed it.
Personally I like to separate football from music - otherwise you’d find a reason not to like anyone

I don't think the current members of NO are interested in football. Bernard is too arty, Steve & Gillian are too busy playing happy families, Tom is French so has no Manchester football affiliations & Phil is a hardcore muso who also loves his real ale!

I'm still buzzing this morning. Phenomenal gig.

Peter Hook's a wanker, attained low level fame and thinks he's up there with The Beatles and The Stones, 'delusions of grandeur' doesn't do him justice, the chubby little prick.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.