Joy Division / New Order thread

Favourite band without question, have soundtracked my life in all their guises, Lowlife is flawless. I remember the Warrington gig vividly, very lively but not crowded by any means, people were singing alot (Manchester la,la,la...) throughout the support act Life if I remember correctly, fuckin brilliant gig by New Order followed.

New Order Til I Die.

I was a steward at the back of the Main Stand in the early 90's - in the days when stewards just had to turn up and watch the game, well, that's what I did. Anyway, Rob Gretton had a season ticket at the back of the stand next to where I always was. Top fella and always time for a chat about the blues and music.
I think he is dead now sadly.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBRaOSkoIOg&playnext=1&list=PLA85D48EFAA072EAD&feature=results_video[/youtube]

Classic New Order

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAKXNE8qYjU[/youtube]

Beautiful New Order

BlueRob01 said:
I was a steward at the back of the Main Stand in the early 90's - in the days when stewards just had to turn up and watch the game, well, that's what I did. Anyway, Rob Gretton had a season ticket at the back of the stand next to where I always was. Top fella and always time for a chat about the blues and music.

yes, he sadly died back in 99
along with Martin Hannett, Alan Erasmus and Tony Wilson
Up their own arses some may say - but they just wanted to do things their own way.

As for New Order - I bought Ceremony as a teenager, and have loved them ever since.
Age of Consent still being my favorite.
Their finest hour is a tough call but Low Life is probably it.
Republic was pretty poor- I rarely listen to it. But Regret and Ruined in a Day save it somewhat.
I thought they were right back on form with Crystal.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ahU-x-4Gxw[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkvYVr8jeF0[/youtube]

simonk said:
BlueRob01 said:

Up their own arses some may say - but they just wanted to do things their own way.

As for New Order - I bought Ceremony as a teenager, and have loved them ever since.
Republic was pretty poor- I rarely listen to it. But Regret and Ruined in a Day save it somewhat.

I went into the Gardners Arms on Victory Street after the last league game of the 98 / 99 season, just before the play off semi final and Rob was in there boozing away with the rest of us. He sadly passed away before the Gillingham game.

Agree about Republic, don't think i ever played the second side in it's entirety.
I also think their most under rated album is Brotherhood.

Temptation, 1963 ,ceremony. Lowlife was the first new order lp I bought.my mates were the huge new order fans, me being a bunnyman.we use to have top music around the pool on holidays

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
simonk said:
BlueRob01 said:

I went into the Gardners Arms on Victory Street after the last league game of the 98 / 99 season, just before the play off semi final and Rob was in there boozing away with the rest of us. He sadly passed away before the Gillingham game.

Agree about Republic, don't think i ever played the second side in it's entirety.
Rob was in the gardeners every single week.

Didsbury Dave said:
Mad Eyed Screamer said:
simonk said:

Rob was in the gardeners every single week.

That was my one and only visit!

BlueRob01 said:

You sir are correct re where Rob sat.

MES,he died the day of the Wigan away play off game. May 15th.

mac said:
Temptation, 1963 ,ceremony. Lowlife was the first new order lp I bought.my mates were the huge new order fans, me being a bunnyman.we use to have top music around the pool on holidays

I saw them with the bunnymen at Columbia Uni in the states in 87. The only downside being Gene loves Jezabel on the same bill!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.