JSA

SharpDressedMan

Am I applicable for JSA if I've just finished college and not started University yet?

There's no summer jobs round here :( would have tried looking earlier but was stuck under a mountain of coursework to secure my place at Uni

Depends if you are still within the child benefit period, which you probably are if you are 18. If you are, then probably not until this has ceased (can be paid for quite a while after term officially ends, and you can't give it up simply to claim JSA). Get a parent to check it out firstly with the CHB section and then JSA.

SharpDressedMan said:
So seeing as I'm 19 would I be definitely good for it

The maths doesn't add up because I'm behind a year

It's been a while since I worked on benefits but I think the CHB rule may cover 19 year olds too. Best thing to do is speak to the relevant sections for confirmation.

mackenzie said:
SharpDressedMan said:
So seeing as I'm 19 would I be definitely good for it

The maths doesn't add up because I'm behind a year

It's been a while since I worked on benefits but I think the CHB rule may cover 19 year olds too. Best thing to do is speak to the relevant sections for confirmation.

Alright then. May as well just pop down to the centre and hope for the best really.Cheers

tueartsboots said:
Get a paper round, lazy bugger ! ;P

What am I? 12? :P

Try giving them a bell on monday morning
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyTaxAndBenefits/BenefitsTaxCreditsAndOtherSupport/Employedorlookingforwork/DG_10018757" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyTaxAnd ... G_10018757</a>

mackenzie is right you both wouldn't qualify if you your folks recieve Child benefit . I'm getting a lot of students in at the mo , who are looking for work until they start uni , some qaulify some don't depends on certian things . If you do quailfy make sure you do what it says on the tin and actively seek work , you would be shocked how many turn up and think they don't have to do a job search as they start Uni or job in the near future and then kick off when they get a sanction of there JSA !

Where you working mackenzie you still in the Dept ?

Chrisja1000 said:
Where you working mackenzie you still in the Dept ?

Hi

Yeah, still there. Started on benefits in the 1980s then became an Adviser back in 2002.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.