Juan Mata (Merged)

Re: Juan Mata is a must

Chevelle said:
Dax777 said:
Andouble said:
touche.

I still think there's something to be said about Nasri and his proven Premiership quality at just 24. If his 15 goal 'sprout' ends up being the norm and not a one-off then you're looking at one of the most prolific attacking midfielders in the entire world. I'd be happy with either player, but I won't cry and go all woe-is-me if Mata goes elsewhere.
Don't disagree. But just wondering why we are spending so much energy trying to wrestle Nasri away from Arsenal, when Mata seems a straight shot.

I wonder that too Dax. Mata is a sought after player but nobody seems to be trying to get him. The only thing I can think is City or some other team has been working on this for some time and it is just being kept quiet. Unless Valencia have just said "we aint selling him".

valencia have said they aint selling him, but he has a buyout clause in his contract of something like £25M so they cannot stop someone buying him at that price; not sure why arsenal are rumoured to be in for him at £15M though, that would be a steal for a kid of such talent

BlueJill said:
Sleeping_Easy said:
Considering the number of competitions we are in we can expect to play roughly 60 games if we go deep in those competitions. To do that you basically need 3 players for every two positions (at the minimum). Our front four right now are:

Aguero
Balo
Dzeko
Silva

We need two more of that class. That gives each player an avg of 40 games...a perfect number to ensure that we have a rested and healthy squad ready to play AC Milan on a Wednesday and Chelsea on a Saturday.
BlueJill is absolutely correct. We need to think in terms of 60 competitive games. We also need to allow for injuries and suspensions.

One of the least helpful (though understandable) features of Bluemoom is the frequent obsession with 'the best starting 11'.

I'm not happy at all at the prospect of Mata coming to the PL for the reported fee (or at whatever price) unless it is to us he's coming.

The only reason I see Mancini preferring Nasri over Mata would be because of his physique. I'd say Nasri has a bit more power and greater balance, something you inevitable pick up playing in the PL for a few years. But Mata would quickly adapt I think.

The way I see it, what we need from any attacking/creative midfielder is someone with exceptional vision and composure, who'll primarily make a shitload of assists, a machine-gun of accurate smart passes, someone who create chances, holds up the ball well... and for me there are not many better than Mata. Well there is the Barca duo obviously... and if Iniesta was available that's the one I would pick over any other in the world for that role, but he is not.
But Mata could very well turn out to be our Iniesta.

Anyway, I might as well cheer up a tad, as I know we will eventually buy him from Arsenal for +£45mil.

Matt the Giant said:
I'm not happy at all at the prospect of Mata coming to the PL for the reported fee (or at whatever price) unless it is to us he's coming.

The only reason I see Mancini preferring Nasri over Mata would be because of his physique. I'd say Nasri has a bit more power and greater balance, something you inevitable pick up playing in the PL for a few years. But Mata would quickly adapt I think.

The way I see it, what we need from any attacking/creative midfielder is someone with exceptional vision and composure, who'll primarily make a shitload of assists, a machine-gun of accurate smart passes, someone who create chances, holds up the ball well... and for me there are not many better than Mata. Well there is the Barca duo obviously... and if Iniesta was available that's the one I would pick over any other in the world for that role, but he is not.
But Mata could very well turn out to be our Iniesta.

Anyway, I might as well cheer up a tad, as I know we will eventually buy him from Arsenal for +£45mil.
Lol!

johnny crossan said:
sbm said:
One of the least helpful (though understandable) features of Bluemoom is the frequent obsession with 'the best starting 11'.
We're just doing our bit to help Bob!
Seeing as that man clearly knows not what he is doing :P

SSN now reporting Arsenal is in talks with Valencia, and that the deal is thought to be for around £13mil... you've gotta be fucking kidding me!!

13mil for Mata is like paying 32mil for Messi.

Well almost.

Matt the Giant said:
SSN now reporting Arsenal is in talks with Valencia, and that the deal is thought to be for around £13mil... you've gotta be fucking kidding me!!

Well almost.

Why do posters think they know more than our club? I know you like Mata but we arent even talking about him there has to be a reason.

Just like Dax and Pastore just because you fall in love with a player doesnt mean our club has to or will sign him. It about who best completes our team. I like Mata as well but seems our club wants to sign Nasri if we have the chance.

okstate99 said:
Matt the Giant said:

Well almost.

Why do posters think they know more than our club? I know you like Mata but we arent even talking about him there has to be a reason.

Just like Dax and Pastore just because you fall in love with a player doesnt mean our club has to or will sign him. It about who best completes our team. I like Mata as well but seems our club wants to sign Nasri if we have the chance.

But Nasri doesn't complete our team. He goes a long way but we need more than Nasri. If we aren't going to buy Mata we should at least bid him up if he REALLY is going for 13 million. Letting Arsenal get that kind of steal is bad business, regardless of whether WE want him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.