Juan Mata (Merged)

Re: Juan Mata is a must

The reason why Mata is alledgely gonna be so cheap is that, like Aguero, he signed a new contract that reduced his wages and therefore reduced the buy out clause that was inserted.

Valencia aren't in a position to hold out for x amount of millions more than the buyout due to their dire financial position, in much the same way that we managed to pick up Silva last season for what seems a very low £24 considering the impact he has had on out team

I don't know the inside thinking of the City coaching staff, and why would I? but I'm sure that Mancini, Marwood and Cook have their own ideas on what the squad needs and maybe they think that a young lad, untested in Premier League, is too much of a risk in a season when we will be fighting on all fronts, therefore an established player such as Nasri is a better option

Anyway, let Arsenal have him, bed him in for a couple of seasons and we'll pick him up in a couple of years when the lure of the current Champions League holders will be too strong to resist

banbury_blue said:
The reason why Mata is alledgely gonna be so cheap is that, like Aguero, he signed a new contract that reduced his wages and therefore reduced the buy out clause that was inserted.

Valencia aren't in a position to hold out for x amount of millions more than the buyout due to their dire financial position, in much the same way that we managed to pick up Silva last season for what seems a very low £24 considering the impact he has had on out team

I don't know the inside thinking of the City coaching staff, and why would I? but I'm sure that Mancini, Marwood and Cook have their own ideas on what the squad needs and maybe they think that a young lad, untested in Premier League, is too much of a risk in a season when we will be fighting on all fronts, therefore an established player such as Nasri is a better option

Anyway, let Arsenal have him, bed him in for a couple of seasons and we'll pick him up in a couple of years when the lure of the current Champions League holders will be too strong to resist

So his buyout clause is not 25 million?

I've seen some reports saying £17 or £18m which seems more likely. This won't worry me if they sell Fabregas, as Mata isn't good enough to replace him, no one is really! Until they get a proper defence (although if Vermaelen stays fit that will help) they can buy all the AMs they want and it won't help.

BlueJill said:
banbury_blue said:

So his buyout clause is not 25 million?

Graham Hunter was explaining it on Talksport this afternoon, his buyout is something like €17 million which is about the £13.5 million mark. Plus teams can negoiate it down to below this amount like we are supposed to have done with the Aguero deal.

Don't take this as gospel but its how I understood it to be.

Its well known that Valencia are pretty much bankrupt so they have much less room for negioating, as Birmingham City will be finding out at the moment.. Dann is rumoured to be available at just £4 million

dannyboiblue said:
arse getting mata for 13,5m wtf?

Sounds ridiculously cheap doesn't it? It is a shame we don't seem interested really but don't suppose today is a day for moaning.

If we are not involved in the bidding at £13 million then for me it can only be because of 1 of 2 reasons:

1. We genuinely dont want him. If this is the case I would be surprised but fair enough.

2. Arsenal have told us that if we want Nasri then we dont get involved for Mata who they see as Nasris replacement.

I am hoping it is number 2!

OrigamiNinja said:
2. Arsenal have told us that if we want Nasri then we dont get involved for Mata who they see as Nasris replacement.

^^This^^ & TBH, I could live with that as long as we get Sneijder too.........

OrigamiNinja said:
If we are not involved in the bidding at £13 million then for me it can only be because of 1 of 2 reasons:

1. We genuinely dont want him. If this is the case I would be surprised but fair enough.

Those are my thoughts as well.

The second wouldnt surprise me. I dont think Fab is going, I think Barca are just doing a courtesy bid, they dont need him, and it would break their transfer budget for next year.

OrigamiNinja said:

I hadn't thought about that possibility. It would explain the unexplainable to me, and I'd settle for that explanation.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.