Juan Mata (Merged)

Re: Juan Mata is a must

OrigamiNinja said:
If we are not involved in the bidding at £13 million then for me it can only be because of 1 of 2 reasons:

1. We genuinely dont want him. If this is the case I would be surprised but fair enough.

2. Arsenal have told us that if we want Nasri then we dont get involved for Mata who they see as Nasris replacement.

I am hoping it is number 2!

You may be right that it is number two. If we are abiding by that we are morons. Take Mata (arguably as good as Nasri) for less than Nasri and let Arsenal keep their extremely unhappy player. The board will force his sale in January so they don't lose him for nothing and we should be standing there with our checkbook.

Enjoying being a Blue said:
For me I would prefer Mata over Nasri but would not complain at all if Nasri becomes a blue. Just hope it is sorted soon to give him time to settle in with his new team mates.

Let Mata sign for our feeder club, give him some Premier League experience and then buy him in a couple of years time.

What a time to be a Blue...

He will be worth 40 million by that time. Get him now while he is cheap. Arsenal are going to have to sell Nasri...everyone knows they are not going to let him walk on a free in a year.

BlueJill said:
OrigamiNinja said:
If we are not involved in the bidding at £13 million then for me it can only be because of 1 of 2 reasons:

1. We genuinely dont want him. If this is the case I would be surprised but fair enough.

2. Arsenal have told us that if we want Nasri then we dont get involved for Mata who they see as Nasris replacement.

You may be right that it is number two. If we are abiding by that we are morons. Take Mata (arguably as good as Nasri) for less than Nasri and let Arsenal keep their extremely unhappy player. The board will force his sale in January so they don't lose him for nothing and we should be standing there with our checkbook.

He can effectively leave for nothing in january by agreeing a pre contract agreement. If he isnt sold in the summer then he will leave on a free

niall_mcfc said:
BlueJill said:
OrigamiNinja said:

He can effectively leave for nothing in january by agreeing a pre contract agreement. If he isnt sold in the summer then he will leave on a free

Even better. Arsenal are going to be forced to sell him no matter what happens with Mata. We need them both. Go get them City. Sign Mata now and Nasri on the 31st.

No doubt, with the figures being banded about, that Mata will be an absolute bargain for whoever gets him. Most transfers are a gamble, but Mata for those sort of figures isn't.

LoveCity said:
City to hijack Arsenal's move for Mata says tomorrow's Independent. Genuine or a push for Nasri?

if it's Ian Herbert writing the article I'd say it's genuine. Wallace seems pretty fair, too.

if this is the case then perhaps Nasri has indicated he plans to re-sign with Arsenal

I don't see a link yet, though, maybe it'll show up around midnight.

Mata is world class and not injury prone like Nasri.

But it seems like Mata isn't the managers first choice, which is regretable.

I only hope that Sneijder stays in Italy, or signs with a different club.

LoveCity said:
City to hijack Arsenal's move for Mata says tomorrow's Independent. Genuine or a push for Nasri?

Fuck... now you got me hoping again.

It would make sense I guess: Arsenal piss us off refusing to let Nasri go, so we outbid them in their race for Mata.

Oh, and then we still get Nasri for free next summer. :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.