Judas Priest.........The Greatest Heavy Metal Band Of All Time?

Mr Ed (The Stables)

I wondered if any other bluemooners are into this heavy metal band, which formed in the mid to late 70's, in Birmingham.

I love em. I've just had 4 albums bought for me on cd for the first time:

Ram It down
Painkiller
Angel of Retribution
Nostradamus

What can I say other than blown away.

I've haven't heard some of these tunes for ages.

They have always created melodic tunes with heavy riffs to drive the songs imo, plus some great ballads along the way, notably "Beyond The Realms Of Death".

I've seen them about 4 times over the years and I can't wait to see them again at the end of November this year at the Apollo Manchester once again.

Anyone else going to that gig?

I wondered if any other bluemooners are into this heavy metal band, which formed in the mid to late 70's, in Birmingham.

I love em. I've just had 4 albums bought for me on cd for the first time:

Ram It down
Painkiller
Angel of Retribution
Nostradamus

What can I say other than blown away.

I've haven't heard some of these tunes for ages.

They have always created melodic tunes with heavy riffs to drive the songs imo, plus some great ballads along the way, notably "Beyond The Realms Of Death".

I've seen them about 4 times over the years and I can't wait to see them again at the end of November this year at the Apollo Manchester once again.

Anyone else going to that gig?

A top notch band mate, that's for sure. Metal Gods, Green Manalishi, Turbo Lover, Heading out on the Highway, Breaking the Law, Rocker Rolla - riff heaven :-)

Having said all that, dont think i'd want to see them again live nowadays - tribute bands probably doing better versions tbh

Im well into metal, but have always thought judas priest are shite. Saw them at Hellfest in france earlier in the year and they were crap

Saw them back in the early eighties at Reading, loved them. Saw them again last year with`Black Label Society' they're still crushing it for a bunch of old farts

Judas is Rising!

Love the Priest and have seen them several times over the years but probably won't go and see them again.

They are one of the finest metal bands ever but their fellow Brummies Black Sabbath take the title of greatest metal band ever.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.