Jude Bellingham

Status
Not open for further replies.
They should.....as long as the right ones,in the right formation,are chosen on form,and not reputation or the club they play for.

@domalino makes a good point.....An England manager is about bringing out the best in the group,getting them to gel and play their best as individuals and as a squad,hence he needs to be someone recognises strengths and weaknesses,and who commands respect,inspires and motivates.
I just hope Southgate can get the right balance between stability at the back and incorporating all these young attacking players. He has tended to play a back 5 recently which also has two holding mf's in rice and henderson in front. Doesn't leave many options further forward.

I just hope Southgate can get the right balance between stability at the back and incorporating all these young attacking players. He has tended to play a back 5 recently which also has two holding mf's in rice and henderson in front. Doesn't leave many options further forward.
Being defensive isn't the worst idea in (single leg) tournament knockout football, first priority after all is not getting beaten. Even Brazils last couple of WC winning teams were solid as fuck with 2 defensive midfielders. France got away with being gung-ho last time out but its a rarity.

Being defensive isn't the worst idea in (single leg) tournament knockout football, first priority after all is not getting beaten. Even Brazils last couple of WC winning teams were solid as fuck with 2 defensive midfielders. France got away with being gung-ho last time out but its a rarity.
Yes i get that, but when 8 starting spots are defensive players, Kane in absolutely nailed on, that leaves two spots from Sterling, Foden, Rashford, Sancho, Gealish, Mount, Calvert Lewin, Saka.

Bellingham will clearly have his work cut out to displace either Rice or Henderson any time soon,but if he carries on improving there is no reason he couldnt achieve a squad place.

Yes i get that, but when 8 starting spots are defensive players, Kane in absolutely nailed on, that leaves two spots from Sterling, Foden, Rashford, Sancho, Gealish, Mount, Calvert Lewin, Saka.
Yeah, with all your right backs out of form and Walker probably playing right centre half if picked there's probably room for another attack minded player in there alright, but defending is the simplest thing to coach in a short space of time so it's always the priority. Probably why Italian and Portuguese managers have so much success with international teams.

If I was in charge of transfers he'd be my 2nd choice replacement for Fernandinho (after Camavinga).
Very young but so much ability. Could turn into an absolute monster under Pep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.