Jules Koundé

Skriniar available for €55mil Euros. I know he had a bad season but could be down to the 3 at the back system. I mean, David Luiz looked a passable CB under Conte...

He's one of the biggest available names and the price doesn't seem too bad.

Skriniar available for €55mil Euros. I know he had a bad season but could be down to the 3 at the back system. I mean, David Luiz looked a passable CB under Conte...

Hes a leader and is good in the air has great positional sense and can even play defensive midfield where he has played for his country.good option if the kounde deal does not materialise.

Doesn't have that pace which we need at the back

Have faith? He can't jump and has no pace you say. I'll be honest know nowt about him. I haven't even watched him on a YouTube compilation, and I've defo never checked him out on Fifa20.

I bet he's a top player then; )

Noticed i had written «aside» instead of «beside». What i meant was that when you watch the video he obviously has great pace and jumping, but what really impressed me was his intelligence & calmness in 1v1s.

i have watched him play actually, in the Europa league final, and thought he did well in that game.

Noticed i had written «aside» instead of «beside». What i meant was that when you watch the video he obviously has great pace and jumping, but what really impressed me was his intelligence & calmness in 1v1s.

i have watched him play actually, in the Europa league final, and thought he did well in that game.
Fair enough pal. It's just that we've signed a few players that plenty on here have got into a wanking frenzy over. And watching one game of a player doesn't mean he'll make it, especially when it's a player unproven in the toughest most physical fast paced game in world 'soccer' ; )

Fair enough pal. It's just that we've signed a few players that plenty on here have got into a wanking frenzy over. And watching one game of a player doesn't mean he'll make it, especially when it's a player unproven in the toughest most physical fast paced game in world 'soccer' ; )
Of the 34 games he started in La Liga & Europa League last season 18 were clean sheets. That includes games vs Wolves & Roma against the likes of Dzeko, Jimenez, Traore. His tackling+passing+aerial duel succsess rate is at the lvl of Laporte. What is Interesting is that on thursday he will play against Lewandowski, Gnabry & Sané, so we will see if he is the real deal then.

We've previously spent a lot of money on CDs from foreign leagues on duffers who haven't made the cut. What I'm saying is no guarantee a player playing in his respective league or in European competition will be a success in THE most demanding league of 38 games and at least 2 cup games.

The old Bluemoon cliche - 'can he cut it at Stoke away on a wet Wednesday night' springs to mind. And it's said for good reason.

L'Equipe is reliable when it comes to French players but I don't think they will accept €60m in cash due to the 20% clause they have. €70m cash + Otamendi maybe they would accept. That would be expensive but also fairly close to the clause which is €90m.

Legit CB players don't grow on trees, especially young ones so we have to pay premium.

Kompany replacement was never going to come cheap regardless. Just got to bite the bullet IMO. The board is probably slightly uncomfortable paying that much for young player but it sounds like they will go the extra mile this time.

I mean what choice we have? Koulibaly would cost about the same but only for short term, another option is to sign pure gamble like Ruben Dias, who is nowhere near Koundé level.

Kompany cost 6-8mil.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.