Jules Koundé

Could be something in this as I was told from somebody inside Everton that we had been trying to sign Mason Holgate before his injury and we were pushing hard to get him. Kounde is a similar profile so maybe we are looking at younger options for cb rather than the older leader type most of us think we need.

Could be something in this as I was told from somebody inside Everton that we had been trying to sign Mason Holgate before his injury and we were pushing hard to get him. Kounde is a similar profile so maybe we are looking at younger options for cb rather than the older leader type most of us think we need.

Holgate’s only got a superficial, few week injury hasn’t he? Regardless, I’m a fan and hope we do get him at some point.

Looks the part when i’ve seen him play for Seville, my only worry is he’s still a kid at 21 and centre halves usually at their best mid to late 20’s so hasn’t really got the experience, does look a quality centre half though.
Do we have any "experienced" CBs lined up who aren't train wrecks/ red cards waiting to happen, sick notes or being held hostage by deranged club owners?

We haven had the best of luck with young centre backs in semi recent years. Boateng, Savic, Nastasic, Garcia seemingly offski....

It would be nice to have a bit of success and create long term stability at the back.

We haven had the best of luck with young centre backs in semi recent years. Boateng, Savic, Nastasic, Garcia seemingly offski....

It would be nice to have a bit of success and create long term stability at the back.
Laporte was 23 when he signed in fairness.

IMO this player looks like a placeholder at CB but is destined to move into the CDM role. His speed, passing ability and size all tick the boxes that he'd be more ideally suited there than at CB but at 21 he has plenty of room/ time to grown into either role I suppose.

Makes sense now especially if Garcia is off. Koulibaly would only give us a few years & we would again be in the market for a CB. Kounde/Laporte would give us a settled partnership for a long time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.