Jules Koundé

@Parisian was saying they are struggling for ffp so I assume he means how can their accounts cope with it.
We are struggling but realistically, if they thought about recruiting Messi, they do have the means to buy Koulibaly. The problem imo is blowing all that money on a single player when we have so many positions to fill in.

I would argue our first need is in midfield. I don't understand why we would let Thiago Silva go to sign Koulibaly for 80 and not put that money on top midfield for once.

The last two years, we did buy Diallo and Kherer for a combined 70 M and they are awful when not injured. All that to spend another 80 on Koulibaly ? What a waste of money.

It means Marquinhos will stay in midfield too. Very depressing window.

I’ve seen the statistics but still, against any big and physical team (Liverpool is one), how is he supposed to stop a strong Fabinho, VVD or Gomez? It’s not happening.

He’s the best 2nd choice we have but I’m still very reluctant since he has to be on the shorter spectrum of all central defenders in Europe. We can’t just refer to Puyol as our comfort. He was exceptional.

Have you seen him leap for the ball?

He's won headers against bigger and "stronger" players.

He's about 1 inch shorter than Otamendi who also is a good leaper, but Kounde is much better.

He's also clearly quite strong. I'm not going to say KK strong or Vinny strong, but he's no Garcia.

Real Madrid have been sniffing around and PSG fans I've read really want him.

He and Upamecano are considered the potential future partnership for France.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.