Julian Weigl

Say Fred, Weigl and Bailey came in, it would leave us with
Midfield: 3 from dinho, weigl, Fred, Silva, de bruyne, Gundogan, Bernardo and Foden and Zinchenko. That's 9 players. Surely means Gundogan is the odd one out, as foden is a kid and zinch and Bernie can play other roles.

Forwards: 3 from aguero, Jesus, Sane, Sterling, Bailey and Bernardo, with Diaz and Foden as well.

Much rather see dinho go than gundo if I'm being honest he is way older and since his game relies on energy and dynamism he could have a very sudden drop in ability as he turns 33.

Dihno and Silva's roles will diminish if we get those guys.

Debryune and Wiegl can be expected to start with Fred and Gundogan fighting it out for the 3rd spot. Fred if we want more intensity, and Gundogan if we want more attacking.

David plays the Iniesta role. Plays big games, and closes games out with his control. Dihno I expect to be a total backup next season.

17 foreign players
Eddie
Bravo
Laporte
Otamendi
Mendy
Zee
Dihno
Fred
Wiegl
Silva
Silva
Debryune
Gundogan
Sane
Bailey
Aguero
Jesus

That said, I still find Wiegl a sceptical purchase. I simply haven't seen the same form I saw 2 years ago.

Bernardo won't be moving to eight next season, I said Pep eventually sees him as Silva's replacement, with Dave now around for at least another three years. Bernardo will continue to get his game time where and when.

Makes plenty of sense and Bernardo is only 23. Foden could go out on loan next season.

We want Bailly too, so work that one out.

I've not checked this but I read just the other day that Bernie has made the most appearances of any City player this season; obviously he doesn't have the most minutes but Pep clearly values him.

As to Wiegl, not watched him but going to have to put that right as there's clearly no consensus on this thread to rely on. I'm encouraged that you and Damo rate him.

I'd be very surprised indeed if Raheem still has to prove a point to Pep. His record this season has been exceptional and he'll only get better.

On Weigl, how do we fit him, Fred and the rest into our already stacked midfield?

Pep will be fine with Raz if Raz keeps improving but Pep will want to see more progression and the point to prove is that he can keep getting better because he is not yet where Pep wants to get him. Pep sets the bar very high.

Pep loves midfielders so he is always going to want a squad stacked with loads of them. Also, some may leave, like Yaya; some may go on loan, like Foden and Diaz. We need a a very full set of top quality midfielders if we are to pull of the trick of winning multiple trophies on a regular basis.

Say Fred, Weigl and Bailey came in, it would leave us with
Midfield: 3 from dinho, weigl, Fred, Silva, de bruyne, Gundogan, Bernardo and Foden and Zinchenko. That's 9 players. Surely means Gundogan is the odd one out, as foden is a kid and zinch and Bernie can play other roles.

Forwards: 3 from aguero, Jesus, Sane, Sterling, Bailey and Bernardo, with Diaz and Foden as well.

Are you assuming Delph is now a left back?

Debryune and Wiegl can be expected to start with Fred and Gundogan fighting it out for the 3rd spot. Fred if we want more intensity, and Gundogan if we want more attacking.

David plays the Iniesta role. Plays big games, and closes games out with his control. Dihno I expect to be a total backup next season.

17 foreign players
Eddie
Bravo
Laporte
Otamendi
Mendy
Zee
Dihno
Fred
Wiegl
Silva
Silva
Debryune
Gundogan
Sane
Bailey
Aguero
Jesus

That said, I still find Wiegl a sceptical purchase. I simply haven't seen the same form I saw 2 years ago.

I agree with the majority of this. Worth adding that if we did sign Bailey, Weigl and Fred our squad would be ridiculous.

17 foreign players
Eddie
Bravo
Laporte
Otamendi
Mendy
Zee
Dihno
Fred
Wiegl
Silva
Silva
Debryune
Gundogan
Sane
Bailey
Aguero
Jesus

Amazing squad... to think the Rags will be chasing the likes of Bale and Dyer to paper over the cracks... i honestly think Wiegl will be fantastic under Pep.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.