Just a heads up on these scamming gits

Indaparkside

Just be careful nearly got caught out with this this morning gave them all my details then the last page asked for my card details for £4.99 realised then, looked up and saw the mobile number. It looks so authentic with the government website when you click on the link

Attachments

• 8FF5DFAE-3B60-461A-ACA3-42F7EE3F4182.png
    8FF5DFAE-3B60-461A-ACA3-42F7EE3F4182.png
    754.3 KB · Views: 392
Thanks

I had a text from Royal Mail saying I missed a delivery and I needed to pay for redelivery. I already knew it was a scam as it was from an "07" number, the website looked legit but think it had "http" and I wasn't expecting a parcel.

What I'd like to know is, how the f*ck did they get my number? (No, I've not been on any dodgy sites where I've entered my number)

Thanks

I had a text from Royal Mail saying I missed a delivery and I needed to pay for redelivery. I already knew it was a scam as it was from an "07" number, the website looked legit but think it had "http" and I wasn't expecting a parcel.

What I'd like to know is, how the f*ck did they get my number? (No, I've not been on any dodgy sites where I've entered my number)
I’ve phoned the number just rang out to voicemail said hello can you ring me want to give you my card details, no reply so far

Just be careful nearly got caught out with this this morning gave them all my details then the last page asked for my card details for £4.99 realised then, looked up and saw the mobile number. It looks so authentic with the government website when you click on the link

Not being funny, but you almost got fooled by a website called ‘vaccine status id.com’ that came from a random phone number?

Fuck me…

FYI those Nigerian lottery emails you might get aren’t legit either.

Thanks

Occasionally legitimate sites experience data breaches (this famously happened with Sony and their PlayStation online accounts a few years back and more worryingly, PayPal).

These datasets containing user information are then sold on the black market.

This is also why people should never use the same password on more than one website/account.

Occasionally legitimate sites experience data breaches (this famously happened with Sony and their PlayStation online accounts a few years back and more worryingly, PayPal).

These datasets containing user information are then sold on the black market.

This is also why people should never use the same password on more than one website/account.
And thats a thing
Everytime I buy/register/enrol these days , from NHS apps, bank, screwfix, energy accounts, amazon, paypal,netflix,etc etc etc etcetc etc they want a password
So where do you keep them if it should be different, in your wallet next to all your cards, on your phone, laptop, scribbled on the wallpaper
Jeez you literally need hundreds
Its starting to affect my mental health, which itself is a very first world problem

And thats a thing
Everytime I buy/register/enrol these days , from NHS apps, bank,, screwfix, energy accounts, amazon, paypal,netflix,etc etc etc etcetc etc they want a password
So where do you keep them if it shopuld be different, in your wallet next to all your cards, on your phone, laptop, scribbled on the wallpaper
Jeez you leterally need hundreds
Its starting to affect my mental health, which itself is a very first world proble

Whether you use Chrome or Safari, your browser comes with a built in password manager and secure password generator designed for this very purpose.

Man, I wish I was that clever
And thats not being sarcastic - I just wish I was that clever

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.