Just for fun : who was our worst signing in the Premier League era ?

Got to be Matías Vuoso. Bought for £6.75M, never played a game, sold 1 yr later for £1.35M.

[/Thread]

Was he the Mexican paraded on the pitch at the start of that season or was that someone else? Remember it happening but surely it isn't 17 years ago.

No I'm thinking of Nery Castillo. He was the one paraded, played 7 times then left.

Vuoso played in a pre season up at Bury! How many Blues can say they saw Vuoso play? I don't ever remember him kicking a ball in a blue shirt after that.

Vuoso played in a pre season up at Bury! How many Blues can say they saw Vuoso play? I don't ever remember him kicking a ball in a blue shirt after that.
I can remember lee bradburys debut at burnley when he was described as the “new alan shearer”, must be close to your vuoso moment mate?

not sure whether it'd be one when we were desperate and thus went down, or one where if they'd been great we'd have won another league title but they flopped.

It would probably be someone in the mid 90s when I was a wee lad as going down 2 divisions is much worse (despite the different scales of cost) than finishing 2nd-4th.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.