Just had a new fridge freezer delivered

m7mcfc

I take it out of the bubble wrap and Polystyrene and it looks like it has been in a car crash.
Straight on the phone to AO and the first thing customer services say to me is the delivery driver still there because if not it's down to me.
Luckily he was and he took photos to send her. She then offered me £120 off to accept it in it's damaged state to which I ask her was she mad.
They are going to bring a new one tomorrow but I am now having second thoughts about buying from them
What if I was in a rush and said leave it there mate and discovered the damage later.
This thing has cost me £700.

I take it out of the bubble wrap and Polystyrene and it looks like it has been in a car crash.
Straight on the phone to AO and the first thing customer services say to me is the delivery driver still there because if not it's down to me.
Luckily he was and he took photos to send her. She then offered me £120 off to accept it in it's damaged state to which I ask her was she mad.
They are going to bring a new one tomorrow but I am now having second thoughts about buying from them
What if I was in a rush and said leave it there mate and discovered the damage later.
Push her for £250 and buy a big fridge magnet.

Makes you wonder we had a dishwasher off them driver and mate dropped and run, no way could I have got it open before they left.

I've had stuff off 'em in the past - a kitchen full of Bosch stuff, and other bits. All in good order, but they do seem to be 'sell 'em low and stack 'em high' folk.The fuckin' thing's been dropped and probably off the top shelf, not checked and loaded on the van. Only when it comes outta the box does anyone notice. The delivery driver should open the box before buggering off. Should be part of the contract! I once found on eBay a bread maker advertised as having damage to the outer casing, but the innards still worked! 'Kinell!

My sister and brother in law received, and sent back, 24 fridge freezers. You’d think they’d have told em to stuff off but the more they delivered battered the more they got for free.

I’ve never known a company that can deliver so many battered items in a row, it was like it was done on purpose. They ended up with a free fridge feeezer, a washing machine and £100

My sister and brother in law received, and sent back, 24 fridge freezers. You’d think they’d have told em to stuff off but the more they delivered battered the more they got for free.

I’ve never known a company that can deliver so many battered items in a row, it was like it was done on purpose. They ended up with a free fridge feeezer, a washing machine and £100
I'd have lived with the outer damage if I was getting it for nowt but they still wanted £550. Though even if it was free the Mrs wouldn't have accepted it it

I'd have lived with the outer damage if I was getting it for nowt but they still wanted £550. Though even if it was free the Mrs wouldn't have accepted it it
I mean my sister and bro in law got really anal over it (ooerr), but understandable. It became a weekly joke that they’d deliver something, they’d unwrap and there was a bump scratch or completely disgraceful. One deliver driving actually said “you’ve got to expect a bit of damage on items like this” what?!

It took emails and calls to their ceo to get money moving

They are going to bring a new one tomorrow but I am now having second thoughts about buying from them. What if I was in a rush and said leave it there mate and discovered the damage later. This thing has cost me £700.

A.O are blaging you mate as all goods have to be of merchantable quality. A.O never made the item or wrapped and boxed it up so how would they know if it was in perfect condition prior to delivery?

I ordered a TV around 3 years ago and the the delivery chaps made a big deal of unwrapping it and showing me it was all perfect. So I tried plugging in the leads but couldn't because the full motherboard had shifted half an inch and clearly had been dropped. I imagine it was either the delivery boys or some other delivery boy who delivered to the delivery boys. It certain was not built and boxed up that way. Anyway I asked for my money back and moved on.

So A.O as the supplier would have to refund or replace at your choice and attempt to claim of the couriers insurance or even take a hit. But it is not down to you as a consumer who has a right to expect goods to be in a fit condition as stated in the consumer rights act of 2015. The person transferring or selling the goods must have the right to do so and the goods must be of a satisfactory quality. Goods must be of a standard that a reasonable person would regard as satisfactory. Quality is a general term, which covers a number of matters including fitness for all the purposes for which goods of that kind are usually supplied -- appearance and finish, freedom from minor defects and safety and durability.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.