just moved house

immels wonkey eye

ban before a warning??? that makes sense!
just moved and as some of you kno i work for sky, had the engineer out and he will not install a dish, because he has to go on the roof of my outside shed (which is brick built and about 12 foot high). He said i will need a independant to come and put up a dish. Been looking around, found someone who will do it for £140, has any one had to do this before, and/or can recomend some one?. Ideally if someone on here can do it, id rather put money in a blues pocket!

immels wonkey eye said:
just moved and as some of you kno i work for sky, had the engineer out and he will not install a dish, because he has to go on the roof of my outside shed (which is brick built and about 12 foot high). He said i will need a independant to come and put up a dish. Been looking around, found someone who will do it for £140, has any one had to do this before, and/or can recomend some one?. Ideally if someone on here can do it, id rather put money in a blues pocket!

Which area you in?

Have gou got a ladder and an SDS drill mate? Peace of piss if you do seriously, will cost you about 30 quid for dish and cable etc on Ebay then a couple of hours of your time, if I lived near i'd pop round and help you but i suspect living in Lancaster i'm a fair way

Do you mean he can reach it stood on the roof or that the garage is where he needed to put his ladders.

I suppose he doesn't know if your roof could support his weight - if he fell through or off it and broke his back he'd not only be out of work, he'd get no compensation and probably be end up in court for breaching H&S regs.

If he can't get his ladders where he needs I suppose he's right - you can't expect them to supply scaffold.

Went through all this when I had my new boiler fitted by Iguana. They wouldn't use the existing vent hole as they'd have to go onto someone elses property and wanted a legal disclaimer signing by the neighbours - one I'd have to supply at my cost. They couldn't put it on the back wall as the untility room roof was in the way and they'd need scaffold - which they'd use but it had to be supplied at my expense. The other option was the utility room but there wasn't enough clearance around the proposed hole needed for the vent. Pulled the 18" section of gutter that was in the way off. That gave the extra 10mm of clearance around the outlet they needed. So they fitted it in the utility room - about as far from the bathroom and ensuite as you can get - water has to run thirty feet to get to the shower or bath. When they'd finised I just clipped the gutter back on -it's nowhere near touching the pipe.
Pity they'd didn't pay as much attention to putting the boiler in straight or the way the pipes were routed - dogs dinner was what the field manager called it - didn't justify being but right though.

Me mum and dad had the same problem, sky dish had to go on the chimney of a tall 2 storey house, different blokes from sky were constantly coming out but kept 'forgetting to bring extra long ladders'. When we were ringing up to complain they asked us to ring the engineer ourselves to remind him to bring the long ladders. The old man told them to piss off and payed an independent bloke to do it.

Sky's engineers aren't interested in doing anything but turning up to housing estates and putting them on the side of houses

Had a similar problem as live in a dip surrounded by tall trees.

Sky not interested even though I give the robbin bastards £80+ a month.

Got a guy from up the road who agreed to go on the roof, bolted a pole on the apex and reconnected the dish. Gave him £60 for his time n effort.

Not had a single problem with signal since

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.