Juventus to borrow 150 million euros

You're right. They can't spend it if it takes them over the break even rule. My point really is that FFP allows a club to load up with unlimited debt, the exact thing that it was originally designed to guard against, until it was changed into a profitability rule.
Yeah, we were talking about this on another thread, UEFA are boasting about debt falling by €300m since FFP was introduced, but there was €800m or so wiped out in the Inter, Milan and dipper takeovers, so in real terms it's risen by €500m. Add in this now as well and it's obvious that FFP does nothing to combat debt.
The only reason European football is in a better place financially since FFP was introduced is the rising TV deals and there's absolutely no reason to think they'll keep rising and quite a few reasons to think they'll begin to fall.

Yeah, we were talking about this on another thread, UEFA are boasting about debt falling by €300m since FFP was introduced, but there was €800m or so wiped out in the Inter, Milan and dipper takeovers, so in real terms it's risen by €500m. Add in this now as well and it's obvious that FFP does nothing to combat debt.
The only reason European football is in a better place financially since FFP was introduced is the rising TV deals and there's absolutely no reason to think they'll keep rising and quite a few reasons to think they'll begin to fall.

The ONLY reason European football looks healthier is thanks to about 2 billion worth of spending by us and PSG. Even Liverpool's net spend trophy(TM) was down to the Neymar money swapping hands.

You're right. They can't spend it if it takes them over the break even rule. My point really is that FFP allows a club to load up with unlimited debt, the exact thing that it was originally designed to guard against, until it was changed into a profitability rule.
Quite. Even if you don’t know the difference between ‘Desert’ and ‘Dessert’.

If the reported €175m bid for Salah is accurate, they’d probably need €100m upfront to make it happen. But the deal would only hit the P&L account as €35m per annum, which probably won’t be an issue for them. Let’s hope so as it will kill the dippers.

The recent UEFA Benchmarking Report made great play of how they’d encouraged injections of cash via equity rather than debt. Yet they limit the amount of equity while completely ignoring the amount of debt.

if juventus can borrow £150million and its ok by uefa FFP then manchester city should fuck uefa and FFP right over and sell or take a long term loan on one of there assets, £300million for carrington training camp would be my first choice or loan or sale

Something had to give imo. Everyone was saying they are flush but it all seemed a bit weird to me. I am not surprised they were on their arse at all. Non of it added up to me how they could blast the cash yet be club playing in a dodgy league with the real money here and in Spain. Even being Juventus, the Italian league football star faded 20 years ago.

Something had to give imo. Everyone was saying they are flush but it all seemed a bit weird to me. I am not surprised they were on their arse at all. Non of it added up to me how they could blast the cash yet be club playing in a dodgy league with the real money here and in Spain. Even being Juventus, the Italian league football star faded 20 years ago.
There's a lot of money for Italian clubs from the CL and they've done well from outgoing transfer fees, doubt they're on their arses.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.