Kalidou Koulibaly

I literally thought the same thing at times tonight. I didn’t say it here, because people will throw up their hands and say “Bullshit! Half the football world is after him!”

Well, I haven’t seen anyone put their money where the headlines are yet, and until they do, it’s paper, agent and Laurentis talk.
Everyone saw it. Even those who love him. Micah said it on live TV.

He is a better footballer and has been for years. But he has similar clumsiness to Mangala. And in a bad day like today (which granted might not be the norm) it showed up a lot...

Txiki, so you cool? Go ahead and get the man :)

From what I've seen and read, he's had a largely average season. I know this Napoli side hasn't exactly been incredible and Gattuso is no Pep, but then some of the earlier Napoli sides were shit too and yet he was incredible in those average seasons. So my worry is really this - has he actually hit his peak and is now trending downwards, like De Gea maybe? It took people two seasons to accept that De Gea's prime was over and that dip in form wasn't a dip, but actually his new level. What if the same has happened with Koulibaly? I'm worried that this will be a Mahrez-like signing - expensive and proven world class player, almost 30 with no resale value...with the reality setting in after a few months that although there are brief flashes of brilliance, the player is past his best.

I think the least it does is that it makes our next conversation with ADL a bit easier. As someone mentioned before we are buying him to play these matches,the one against Barcelona or Bayern or Madrid. We are not buying him so that he can bully Joelington for crying out loud. A great player works despite the system. There ain't any better defender so we will bite but not at 70 million

Lets be honest, one bad game against the likes of Messi, Suarez, Griezmann not gonna turn any CB into shit from decent, but its a perfect chance for Txiki to go to De Laurentiis and tell him, now 15m price drop woman after his shit high level game, take it or leave it and try to sell him next summer when he is 30.

He has the skills needed in a Pep defence, but also he is 29 and just had imo the worst season in his last 5 year.
This does not warrant a fee of 80-90m pounds.

Offer 50m and try to work his agent to make him want to leave.
50m + 10m add ons maybe depending on him winning CL here and PL titles. (5m if he wins CL and 1.5m for every PL title he is part of.)

I would not go higher.

And try to get at least 30 for Stones, which would bankroll half of this purchase.

Napoli does not have CL next year, thats a big income drop, also just spent around 50m pounds on Osimhen. They need the Koulibaly money imo for FFP too, certainly they try to milk us hard if they can.

Good points. Last night was not the Koulibaly I know of the past few years. I still think he can be a success for us but €90m is way too much. Such a game certainly decreased his value.

it’s time for us to play hardball with Napoli.

Napoli have to sell him this summer imo. I think they will struggle next season and will be in a fight for top 4, Koulibaly will be 30 next summer as you mentioned and they will struggle to get any fee.

Besides kicking down Messi last night, he did he do? I only saw bits and pieces but I think he looked good.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.