Kalidou Koulibaly

Do i think he is an excellent player? Yes i do. Do i think he is worth the hype? Yes i do. He has changed that team from being a top 4 team to premier league and CL contenders. Take him out of their team and you will see a huge difference.

I would have him in a City shirt in a heartbeat. Would make us CL contenders for sure.
Prone to mistakes, looks out of position this season, players getting in behind him, loves hoofing the ball up as he isnt comfortable playing in triangles under pressure.
Anything I've missed?

Fantastic player, huge presence but he loves himself and the press and scousers treat him like he's the second coming. Anybody can beat him in a foot race over 10 yards.

Im not having a go but I dont see the hype Van Dick seems to be lauded with on here.
Yes, he has improved the scousers, but is he really as good as you are making out, not in my eyes

Van Dijk is the best defender in the world. He makes mistakes though, all defenders do. Kompany made many a fuck up but what I’d do for a 26 year old Vinnie now.

Prone to mistakes, looks out of position this season, players getting in behind him, loves hoofing the ball up as he isnt comfortable playing in triangles under pressure.
Anything I've missed?

Fantastic player, huge presence but he loves himself and the press and scousers treat him like he's the second coming. Anybody can beat him in a foot race over 10 yards.

He has made a few mistakes being a little bit too casual at times, but so has Laporte. Vidic made mistakes, John Terry made mistakes, Rio Ferdinand made mistakes, even Vincent Kompany made mistakes.

He is a world class defender and arguably the best CB in world football right now. I would have him at the Etihad in a heartbeat.

Liverpool do have a habit of hyping up their players to an insanely ridiculous level, but i think Van Dijk is one of them who is worth the hype. As for Firmino, i think they severely overrate him when he is no better than Raul Jimenez. Infact i would prefer to have Jimenez in my team over Firmino.

He has made a few mistakes being a little bit too casual at times, but so has Laporte. Vidic made mistakes, John Terry made mistakes, Rio Ferdinand made mistakes, even Vincent Kompany made mistakes.

He is a world class defender and arguably the best CB in world football right now. I would have him at the Etihad in a heartbeat.

Liverpool do have a habit of hyping up their players to an insanely ridiculous level, but i think Van Dijk is one of them who is worth the hype. As for Firmino, i think they severely overrate him when he is no better than Raul Jimenez. Infact i would prefer to have Jimenez in my team over Firmino.
I think this sums it up well. Van Dijk is overrated to fuck but he's still largely brilliant despite that. Of all the vastly overrated Liverpool players (eg all of them), he's the one that merits it the most.

Marvin in ‘chat shit’ shocker....

seriously clueless, although entitled to his opinion, it’s always an indicator when one uses ‘it’s been reported’ and ‘based on nothing I’ve seen’.....

He’s 29 though so naturally he’s finished (:
I don't think he's finished. I'd just be wary of spending a lot of money on a player whose age is 29 and whose talent owes much to his physicality(age related). Koulibaly would have been perfect at age 27. Now I'm not so sure.

I thought your argument was just about Virgil?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.