Kalidou Koulibaly

Just to add, we don’t normally get into bidding wars but if the dippers come to the table, under no circumstance do we allow them to get him, that will be the best defence in Europe, never mind the prem!

Diapers have no money this summer, Klopp and all the boot kickers have already said as much and it's why they backed out of the Werner deal.

Can't believe some of you are are still wasting your breath/fingre muscles on Dax. He has never been, and will never be, able to have a proper discussion with others. The biggest besserwisser I've ever come across on any online forum.

I'd rather have 4/5 seasons with a world class CB like Koulibaly than gambling on yet another "prospect". You can't simply dismiss his quality, just because Napoli as a team haven't been up to it this season. And even if they had, any player can have a subpar season. Should we sell Bernardo and buy Grealish instead?

It's naive of you to think that's what I think. More like than not City is hoping this season was an anomaly
City are, not City is.

I really hate that Americanism of making football clubs impersonal. No one would ever say “the All Blacks is playing well”. It would be “the All Blacks are playing well”. And it’s the same with football clubs.

City are, not City is.

I really hate that Americanism of making football clubs impersonal. No one would ever say “the All Blacks is playing well”. It would be “the All Blacks are playing well”. And it’s the same with football clubs.

City is singular to describe a football team. The All Blacks when used as a nickname for the NZ rugby team is a plural. So if you were being grammatically correct you would say City is playing well although I agree it sounds a bit weird.

City is singular to describe a football team. The All Blacks when used as a nickname for the NZ rugby team is a plural. So if you were being grammatically correct you would say City is playing well although I agree it sounds a bit weird.
Not in England (where City play), as we use plural group nouns for teams.

https://learnenglish.britishcouncil.org/english-grammar-reference/group-nouns

“The names of many organisations and teams are also group nouns, but they are usually plural in spoken English:

Barcelona are winning 2–0.

The United Oil Company are putting prices up by 12 per cent.

and the police is always plural:

The police are offering a £5,000 reward.”

It sounds weird as it’s grammatically incorrect.

Last edited:
Not in England (where City play), as we use plural group nouns for teams.

https://learnenglish.britishcouncil.org/english-grammar-reference/group-nouns

“The names of many organisations and teams are also group nouns, but they are usually plural in spoken English:

Barcelona are winning 2–0.

The United Oil Company are prices up by 12 per cent.

and the police is always plural:

The police are offering a £5,000 reward.”

It sounds weird as it’s grammatically incorrect.

When is we going to sign Kalidou Koulibaly then.

8-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.