Kalidou Koulibaly

I’d actually keep Stones as 3rd choice CB if we sign Koulibaly.

Stones partnered with Laporte or Koulibaly is a good player.

Stones partnered with Otamendi or Garcia is an accident waiting to happen.
That's all well and good until you remember that Stones is incapable of staying fit and is therefore useless to keep as third choice.

Ideally both he and Nico would leave but I don't think that's realistic, so if one has to stay I'd prefer it to be the one who's pretty much always available for selection, since that's the entire point of being a backup. Stones has only 1 year left on his deal and I can't see an argument for giving him an extension. He's at a good age to sell and is homegrown; sell him to Everton or Arsenal and take what we can get for him. Nico's deal also expires in 2022 but he's old and has wage demands that most clubs will struggle to meet, meaning he'll probably fail to find a club like he did last summer even if we do try to sell him.

Also at least when Otamendi fucks up it's kind of funny because he's just so ridiculous. When Stones makes a misake it's just sad because you're reminded of how mentally fragile he is lol.

Bonucci was tried and tested back then and wouldn’t cost 75M so it’s not a fair comparison. Literally nobody could’ve predicted Van Dijk will be this good, except maybe Liverpool. If you think City knew he’d be this good, don’t you think they would’ve paid up the money?
Without several defensive mids dick is not all that,he doesn't have the skills to be in a team where he would be exposed

Eric can't be the leader? You don't half write some strange stuff

Mixing both experience and youthful enthusiasm is what we need. We need an experienced CB at the back. Koulibaly absolutely is that, I'd rather spend 60m on a guy who definitely can guarantee a higher level than taking a risk on another John Stones type.

Man, I don't think we realise how unbelievable a signing this would be. One of the best CBs in the world, making 4 consecutive appearances in the Serie A TOTS. Offensively, having him in the box would help us tremendously for corners and defensively, he's got the pace, strength and aerial ability to snuff out the inevitable counter attacks. Genuinely see us as being formidable in Europe if we get it overturned.

I’d actually keep Stones as 3rd choice CB if we sign Koulibaly.

Stones partnered with Laporte or Koulibaly is a good player.

Stones partnered with Otamendi or Garcia is an accident waiting to happen.
He is simply not good enough and more importantly can't be trusted to keep fit when required.

He must be moved on this summer, he was has his chance and he has blown it despite his manager bending over backwards to help and support him.

Well said

Too much is made of Van Dijk
A lot is made of him as the ball does't even get to their CB's most times because of their pressing. It starts with their front 3 closing down and the midfield 3 defending. Most teams can't play thru though them and just try to go over the top. So the pace of Van Dijk and Gomez is there to get to the ball first and Van Dijk can deal with most #9's in the air. BTW we showed what can happen when you can play through their press. However, he was what was needed against most teams. They were 25 points behind us playing with Lovren.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.