Kalidou Koulibaly

I couldn’t possibly say as I haven’t watched him this year or last come to that, have you ?
I believe Pep doesn't rate him nothing more simpler.

He is nothing more than a decent Champoinship player but he may be one of those players who blossoms late.

I hope he does nothing against him but I seen enough of what he was given at City, under 21's, West Brom & Blackburn.

Until Laporte or Koulibaly gets injured and we are left with 2 CBs with no experience. Nope we have to keep either Stones or Otamendi unless we get Alaba or Ake or someone.
You expect both Laporte and Koulibaly to get injured? If that happens it won't matter who we kept.

You expect both Laporte and Koulibaly to get injured? If that happens it won't matter who we kept.
No if one gets injured, the other is left partnering an unexperirnced CB. Going into a 60 game season with 2 senior CB's is suicide, and people talking about Fernandinio, Rodri even Walker covering is ludicrous.

No if one gets injured, the other is left partnering an unexperirnced CB. Going into a 60 game season with 2 senior CB's is suicide, and people talking about Fernandinio, Rodri even Walker covering is ludicrous.
Garcia currently is favored ahead of Stones and Otamendi. So you are suggesting we should keep them just in case one of the senior guys get injured? To do what exactly? Backup Garcia?

Dihno too is favored over Stones and It's. So I truly don't understand your argument. :?

Is he available? seemingly
Is he better than what we have? Yes
Do we need to improve defensively? Yes
Should we be interested? Yes.
Are we interested? I f-in hope so.
Laporte and Koulibaly would be class.

Garcia currently is favored ahead of Stones and Otamendi. So you are suggesting we should keep them just in case one of the senior guys get injured? To do what exactly? Backup Garcia?

Dihno too is favored over Stones and It's. So I truly don't understand your argument. :?
Its not an argument, just my opinion. Garcia simply isnt ready to be third choice.

Is he going to speed up our build-up play? No.
Is he going to give us natural width? No.
Is he going to stop us losing possession in midfield? No.
Is he going to prevent us getting outnumbered defensively? No.
Is he going to stop Mo Salah when 1v1? No.
Is he going to stop Sadio Mane when 1v1? No.

He's a brilliant player but the problem isn't solely at CB, the problem is a lack of width, slow build-up play through midfield and getting caught in possession in dangerous areas leading to counter attacks when defenders are 1v1. Koulibaly might stop a few more of those than Garcia but the cause of the problem is still there and as good as he is, he can't stop everything. I feel people are placing way too much emphasise on a CB, rather than solving the underlying issues which are causing our CB's to be exposed.

Last edited:
Is he going to speed up our build-up play? No.
Is he going to give us natural width? No.
Is he going to stop us losing possession in midfield? No.
Is he going to prevent us getting outnumbered defensively? No.
Is he going to stop Mo Salah when 1v1? No.
Is he going to stop Sadio Mane when 1v1? No.

He's a brilliant player but the problem isn't solely at CB, the problem is a lack of width, slow build-up play through midfield and getting caught in possession in dangerous areas leading to counter attacks when defenders are 1v1. Koulibaly might stop a few more of those than Garcia but the cause of the problem is still there and as good as he is, he can't stop everything. I feel people are placing way too much emphasise on a CB, rather than solving the underlying issues which are causing our CB's to be exposed.

Do you honestly think that we don’t need a centre back?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.