Kalidou Koulibaly

29 isn't really that old. Fernandinho is 35, Chiellini is also 35. Both of those have been world class for the past 6 seasons. Koulibaly is in his prime now, he's the real deal. He's been playing under a glorified Roy Keane in a rigid system for the last 8-9 months.

If he played alongside Van Dijk at Liverpool I'd honestly see a Liverpool dominance for atleast 5 seasons in both the league and in Europe, and those are the kind of players we want.

Anyone putting in the kind of performance he did the other night, in an important European game, is nowhere near worth that money. I know it was one game but he should be able to pass accurately when having an off day

Even in poor form, the likes of kompany and Laporte still offer something for the team,

Well we need somebody, don't care who we buy from. If he's the best available then he's the one we should try for.

We need an athletic, whole of pitch covering midfielder much more.

People keep saying we need a VVD, this would be our VVD. Anyone wanna imagine what VVD would look like without guys like Henderson and Wijnaldum running a marathon in front of him every match?

People keep saying we need a VVD, this would be our VVD. Anyone wanna imagine what VVD would look like without guys like Henderson and Wijnaldum running a marathon in front of him every match?
Like the guy at Southhampton I presume. And that guy was pretty good.

I know a lot are concerned in regards to age but I think it is something we are aiming for in bringing in more experience.

In all likelihood Ota is gone this window, Fern and Aguero next.

This leaves our oldest players to be:

Walker

30 now so would be 31 next season

Gundogan
KDB
Mahrez

All 29 now so would be 30 next season

Then it is players who are currently 26. The vast majority of our squad is between the ages 23 and 26, this has been done by targeting very talented young players.

We then have Torris, Foden plus any other young players coming through.

The age profile of our squad has been amazingly managed and the fact the majority will peak at the same time is great for us City fans.

However, you do need some older heads as well as youth either side if your main core squad, so I do think this is in our thinking.

I also think because we have done such a great job we are able to get a now signing.

No we don't we play a totally different way to liverpool, who are you going to play this Henderson Wijnaldum like player instead of. We need a good strong ball playing first choice partner for Laporte.We may well get a midfielder as well but it will be somebody used in rotation with Rodri, KDB, Foden/ Bernardo. Iknow which we need most though.

I know a lot are concerned in regards to age but I think it is something we are aiming for in bringing in more experience.

In all likelihood Ota is gone this window, Fern and Aguero next.

This leaves our oldest players to be:

Walker

30 now so would be 31 next season

Gundogan
KDB
Mahrez

All 29 now so would be 30 next season

Then it is players who are currently 26. The vast majority of our squad is between the ages 23 and 26, this has been done by targeting very talented young players.

We then have Torris, Foden plus any other young players coming through.

The age profile of our squad has been amazingly managed and the fact the majority will peak at the same time is great for us City fans.

However, you do need some older heads as well as youth either side if your main core squad, so I do think this is in our thinking.

I also think because we have done such a great job we are able to get a now signing.

All good points. We also need CL experience in the centre of defence, not only age, and Koulibaly comes with more of that than some of the other names mentioned.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.