Kalidou Koulibaly

Have to admit haven’t seen a lot of Koulibaly other than odd CL match. What is obvious though is playing CB for us is different to playing CB for anyone else bar a couple of clubs.

We concede a lot of similar goals if the ball gets behind our press and our defence is exposed. We’ve all seen the recurring nightmare. Or, particularly Stones, gets done by runners off his shoulder to long balls played behind our pushed up full backs from the opposing full back area.

If Koulibaly ain’t quick, he needs to be brilliant positionally and read the game like a Baresi. That’s how hard it is to play CB under Pep, as Kompany constantly pointed out.

It’s amazing to think Pep has won all the trophies he has with us when he’s only been able to start 2 CBs who fit the bill in a small proportion of his games managing us; Kompany and Laporte because of injuries. Every other combo has been make do, others have come in and done good jobs for periods, not permanently.

So if Pep thinks this guy provides us that consistency, we have to get him.

Should I be happy ?
Really don't know anything about this account so I don't believe it.

If he is as good as people are saying great. Many people advising he’s had a poor year which is a worry. We should however be getting a van Dijk level CB (for the fee we’re paying) if he is close to the player he is it’s a win in my eyes. I’d prefer him to be younger if course (I like Upamecano and Diop of West Ham to be honest) but for the level we’re wanting to compete at; sometimes we need an instant impact on the team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.