Kalidou Koulibaly

Get back in!

Watched him tonight and hes been awesome.I must have seen him on a bad day.

Looked back at the line up and the guy he played alongside the night I watched him is now in the stiffs and they also played 3 at the back.

Agree we need to keep an eye on him.
Which means he has good days and bad days, we can’t afford bad days. I think he's a great prospect, but we aren’t looking for a prospect. Plus he isn’t going anywhere this summer.

If KK ain’t on every wish list there’s something wrong with everyone. Looked ropey in recent weeks but Christ he’s made for us and the prem and is a genuine great signing if it comes off

Everyone is allowed to give credit when it's due, however when suspicious patterns begin to emerge of a posters allegiance, without them being more forthright with the truth, they're opening themselves up to criticism.

All hail the Pisscan. Wait, what?

I understand your position, I really do because as Pep calls it our defensive "stability" comes from retaining possession. In the traditional sense however, I don't think anyone would agree that losing possession is a defensive mistake. It's a bit ambiguous because our style is so different to most other teams, we play in areas most teams are scared of playing in and as a result we occasionally gift a goal to the opposition. Acceptable risks because they create so much at the other end when we get it right, which is most of the time.
It is classic risk and reward and I for one wouldn’t change the way Pep has us playing.

Ob

Well of course the full backs are brilliant and the midfield protects him, but he's a brilliant central defender who's good in the air, quick, doesn't often get beat one on one and is accomplished on the ball. Take him out of that side and they're nowhere near the same team - like we aren't without Laporte.

Personally I don't rate any of those midfielders Liverpool have either. All bang average, even Player of the Year Jordan Henderson.
The Poulsen of Liverpool.

It has nothing to do with their ability to defend and everything to do with their ability to play football, again it's only my opinion so open to interpretation. I wouldn't criticise Aguero for a defensive mistake if he lost possession and the opposition broke away and scored for example, as that's what he's asked to do. Same with Otamendi and Zinchenko in those situations, they're asked to play, even when the situation possibly warrants them to kick it 80 yards into row z. We take risks in possession, I don't see those as defensive mistakes but each to their own.
I know you are right it’s risk and reward and on most occasions we reap the reward, so it is hard to be critical.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.