Kalidou Koulibaly

So, thought I’d work out average ratings.. curtesy of WhoScored.
Before lockdown he avg a 6.94 rating.
After, 6.88.
Not much is it to say he’s been ‘garbage’. You must’ve thought that all season.

Well that's convinced me.

I remember them giving Karim Rekik some really good marks, so these stats are obviously the way to go.

Well that's convinced me.

I remember them giving Karim Rekik some really good marks, so these stats are obviously the way to go.
The thing is you just quoted somebody and said he got put next to a lightweight snail. And previously said that he hasn’t been as good as Fernandinho. So considering (obviously you don’t like the ratings, clearly but going off that) he was only 0.06 worse off next to an inexperienced lightweight snail than next to Fern I don’t understand how you get to your conclusion.

The thing is you just quoted somebody and said he got put next to a lightweight snail. And previously said that he hasn’t been as good as Fernandinho. So considering (obviously you don’t like the ratings, clearly but going off that) he was only 0.06 worse off next to an inexperienced lightweight snail than next to Fern I don’t understand how you get to your conclusion.

I tend to watch the match.

According to that garbage, he had a decent game v Lyon, lol.

We have missed Ferno protecting our back line. Although, Rodri is a good player, he does not have Ferno's awareness of danger. Our CB's got away with it, when Ferno played in front of them.
Aka, has played DM. He could be the answer there in certain games.
What are your thoughts?

No he doesn't, and I hope that changes quickly. He's a bit of a Busquets-type but maybe we could have had more use of a Fabinho type, as he's like a younger Fernandinho. I really hope Rodri steps up his game this season, because from a defensive standpoint, he didn't add anything and that's a bit frightening considering what we paid for him.
Quality footballer no doubt but he need to add to that defensive side of his game. He is way too easy to get past.

Looking at all of our defenders and their latest form, I'd say the very best back-four (including CDM) and if Koulibaly joins, would be:

Aké
Cancelo - Laporte - Koulibaly - Walker​

This would be incredibly difficult to face for any team in Europe.

You'd have Aké to get past before even reaching a world-class back four, and with his physicality he wins about 75% of all ground duels, he's lightning fast and knows how to slide-tackle. If you still managed to get past him you have Walker's incredible speed, Koulibaly's speed, stature and pain-in-the-ass slidetackles, Laporte's strenght and intelligent positioning and Cancelo's press to deal with.

This would hands down become the leagues best defense, so I hope this deal is concluded soon.

No he doesn't, and I hope that changes quickly. He's a bit of a Busquets-type but maybe we could have had more use of a Fabinho type, as he's like a younger Fernandinho. I really hope Rodri steps up his game this season, because from a defensive standpoint, he didn't add anything and that's a bit frightening considering what we paid for him.
Quality footballer no doubt but he need to add to that defensive side of his game. He is way too easy to get past.

Looking at all of our defenders and their latest form, I'd say the very best back-four (including CDM) and if Koulibaly joins, would be:

Aké
Cancelo - Laporte - Koulibaly - Walker​

This would be incredibly difficult to face for any team in Europe.

You'd have Aké to get past before even reaching a world-class back four, and with his physicality he wins about 75% of all ground duels, he's lightning fast and knows how to slide-tackle. If you still managed to get past him you have Walker's incredible speed, Koulibaly's speed, stature and pain-in-the-ass slidetackles, Laporte's strenght and intelligent positioning and Cancelo's press to deal with.

This would hands down become the leagues best defense, so I hope this deal is concluded soon.

It would be great in theory, defensively but we would have to see how Ake coped on the ball & how much damage he did to our possession game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.