Kalidou Koulibaly

To be fair Cancelo's attacking output last season was utter shite. I'm pretty sure Fernandinho would have offered more goals and assists from RB.

So poster says Cancelo is better attacking than Walker and you say Fernandinho would offer more so Walker and Cancelo must should be in the championship given that Fernandinho never plays RB and is not attacking one even if he played there

Same old. With Napoli you either pay the price or go elsewhere. I think City will pay up and Napoli know this. We really need CB and the CB market is piss poor.
We needed a cb last summer and did n't stump up the asking price for Slabhead, thankfully I hasten to add. I hope we get Koulibaly, but I am not confident.

I mean our playstyle just doesn't lend himself to fullbacks getting up the pitch and getting goals and assists. I think we'd be best served with full-backs that can defend & hold possession well, like Walker, and less like Mendy and Cancelo. Someone like Wan-Bissaka, for instance. I am not even sure who that role would fit in today's world football on the left hand side - Alaba? Digne? Tagliafico from Ajax?

I mean our playstyle just doesn't lend himself to fullbacks getting up the pitch and getting goals and assists. I think we'd be best served with full-backs that can defend & hold possession well, like Walker, and less like Mendy and Cancelo. Someone like Wan-Bissaka, for instance. I am not even sure who that role would fit in today's world football on the left hand side - Alaba? Digne? Tagliafico from Ajax?
Alaba's reportedly rejected a contract from Bayern. Be interesting if we go for him given how much Pep loved him and that he can also play CB or CM.

Wan-Bissaka could have been our Walker understudy, not experienced enough to immediately displace him but good enough to be knocking on the door. Cancelo was a weird transfer for the money involved, hope he comes good, but Walker was never an position that needed massive improvement, especially for the amount Cancelo cost. Is he going to be our starting LB?

By October deadline we will have saved nearly as much in his wages (since we were i initially in for him) as the apparent difference in the clubs evaluations.
Brilliant balancing of the books by City. Jobs a goodun. ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.