Kalvin Phillips | Joins City on a 6-year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rodri played 46 games in all comps last season & this season with the world cup hes gonna be knackered come the end of the season.
We almost threw the league away because we had an ageing Ferny in defence whom both West Ham & Aston Villa targeted.
Had Rodri been able to play in defence, he would of still struggled with their pace but don't feel we'd have lost as many 1 on 1 headers.
The likes of Delaney have done what he set out to do by proclaiming its gonna be 60m for Phillips as they would of been very few whispers from the club.
Whatever the fee is & if there are add ons, I won't care 1 iota how much the club will have paid if we win the ucl or even the quad.
2 seasons ago when we were a fa cup semi final & ucl final away from the quad, would a fully rested Rodri have played in the champions league final

Rodri played 46 games in all comps last season & this season with the world cup hes gonna be knackered come the end of the season.
We almost threw the league away because we had an ageing Ferny in defence whom both West Ham & Aston Villa targeted.
Had Rodri been able to play in defence, he would of still struggled with their pace but don't feel we'd have lost as many 1 on 1 headers.
The likes of Delaney have done what he set out to do by proclaiming its gonna be 60m for Phillips as they would of been very few whispers from the club.
Whatever the fee is & if there are add ons, I won't care 1 iota how much the club will have paid if we win the ucl or even the quad.
2 seasons ago when we were a fa cup semi final & ucl final away from the quad, would a fully rested Rodri have played in the champions league final

In case of world Cup he will not play in every world cup games, in Spain national team busquet is the main starting dm not Rodri.

Strange i know but it seems Enrique still putting his trust in his own ex player more than Rodri.

100% agree.

It's always horses for courses, based on what the manager feels is needed to beat the opposition. There is always an element risk involved in team selection because you can't always predict how an opposition team will line up against us, or who they have fit. Even the state of the playing surface factors into the equation.
Spot on TMT.
Various factors as to why that specific eleven are picked.

It's the fans or supporters that pay in the end, personally I'm not bothered because there is nothing I can do but go to the club shop and buy merchandise by any brand that sponsors players, have a look at the cost of football in this country.
It's the fans who end up paying more and more until it's no longer affordable.
I agree,but if the club pay a certain price,what can you do about it?
They will pay what they see fit.

That’s not true though is it. You pay what he’s worth to the selling club. Was Grealish worth £100m to us? No. But he was worth £100m to Villa, hence the clause set that high - so we paid it.
It is true,you pay what you think is fair value,or a good deal.
Kane would be a City player,if you simply pay what he's worth to the selling club.

In case of world Cup he will not play in every world cup games, in Spain national team busquet is the main starting dm not Rodri.

Strange i know but it seems Enrique still putting his trust in his own ex player more than Rodri.
Buscquet is 33 & who knows how he'll survive in the heat even with air conditioned stadiums, Say he only plays 2 or 3 games for Spain & I believe there are more internationals fixtures after Xmas so without someone who can take the workload off him thats a possibility of 50+ games.

It's the fans or supporters that pay in the end, personally I'm not bothered because there is nothing I can do but go to the club shop and buy merchandise by any brand that sponsors players, have a look at the cost of football in this country.
It's the fans who end up paying more and more until it's no longer affordable.
Thats not exactly true thou, our match day income for 19/20 was £47m compared to £217m broadcast income & then you add in sponsorship deals & prize money

Thats not exactly true thou, our match day income for 19/20 was £47m compared to £217m broadcast income & then you add in sponsorship deals & prize money

And our owners reinvest profits into the club rather than milking it (and the supporters) like the turds who own that club in Trafford do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.