Kalvin Phillips | Joins City on a 6-year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
haha...wow, is this a real comment or a joke?

Rodwell couldn't lace Phillips boots and has NO WHERE NEAR the level of commitment to the game or quality at a higher level.

Phillips is an England regular, easily, when fit.
Rodwell the yoga master can lace in different position .

I think people are lazy and just think of rodwell, Sinclair type signings or even grealish impact (which should be a lot more next season) and see signing an English player from a lesser team isn’t anything to write home about.
As I say, lazy. They don’t think of Barry, Sterling, walker, stones, lescott, Milner (sorry) and many other successes.

It isn’t a glamour signing, the price reflects it. It isn’t a glamour position but we was weak in that area and now we are much stronger with a regular international who is premier league proven. That along with peps judgement will do for me.

haha...wow, is this a real comment or a joke?

Rodwell couldn't lace Phillips boots and has NO WHERE NEAR the level of commitment to the game or quality at a higher level.

Phillips is an England regular, easily, when fit.
Not hard, england are a shit hoof team

Bielsa used this guy very specifically as a 6, but a pretty mobile one. I think this one is not only to provide help to Rodri so that he can be rested, but also to develop on the Bernardo role he has picked up. Bernardo's adjustment has been that he drops deep when we are struggling and acts as a double pivot in driving the ball forwards or controlling when under pressure. By all accounts, Phillips can do that (obviously not dribbling past people like Bernardo) but also provides a solid defensive base - that will be needed in certain situations IMO. Could we see the return of the double pivot on occasion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.