Kalvin Phillips | Joins City on a 6-year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
are you of them posters who wanted a £80m plus signing to rotate/back rodri up then?
Honest to god some people are just never happy. An England International for £42m. 26 years old and his stats show he has potential to push Rodri all the way.

Fans who think we can go and splash £80m-£100m on replacements need to get real.

I hope Phillips proves all the doubters wrong but you can already tell he's being setup as the new scape goat of the team, will never be good enough etc

Honest to god some people are just never happy. An England International for £42m. 26 years old and his stats show he has potential to push Rodri all the way.

Fans who think we can go and splash £80m-£100m on replacements need to get real.

I hope Phillips proves all the doubters wrong but you can already tell he's being setup as the new scape goat of the team, will never be good enough etc

Very true that. It’s strange how underrated he is, not every midfielder can be as good as Silva or De Bruyne, and we don’t need them to be, defensive midfield is a completely different role.

I don’t understand why some people need to get on a certain player’s back, he hasn’t even played a game for us yet! I don’t recall anyone making De Jong a scapegoat, or more recently Zinchenko, yet neither have the skills of Foden or Silva, so why is that an issue with Phillips?

Look at some of the prices teams have paid for poorer players (especially those dickheads across town!). Phillips is very good value these days and I believe he’ll be a great addition to the squad.

Very true that. It’s strange how underrated he is, not every midfielder can be as good as Silva or De Bruyne, and we don’t need them to be, defensive midfield is a completely different role.

I don’t understand why some people need to get on a certain player’s back, he hasn’t even played a game for us yet! I don’t recall anyone making De Jong a scapegoat, or more recently Zinchenko, yet neither have the skills of Foden or Silva, so why is that an issue with Phillips?

Look at some of the prices teams have paid for poorer players (especially those dickheads across town!). Phillips is very good value these days and I believe he’ll be a great addition to the squad.

Exactly, sky had some stats yesterday where he out-performed Rodri for interceptions, duels won etc

Rodri was for me our player of the season.

Maybe some fans would rather we asked Javi Garcia to cancel his retirement and come back

I predict he will be the opposite of a scapegoat. He'll become a fan favorite because of his aggression and tough tackling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.