Kalvin Phillips | Joins City on a 6-year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very true that. It’s strange how underrated he is, not every midfielder can be as good as Silva or De Bruyne, and we don’t need them to be, defensive midfield is a completely different role.

I don’t understand why some people need to get on a certain player’s back, he hasn’t even played a game for us yet! I don’t recall anyone making De Jong a scapegoat, or more recently Zinchenko, yet neither have the skills of Foden or Silva, so why is that an issue with Phillips?

Look at some of the prices teams have paid for poorer players (especially those dickheads across town!). Phillips is very good value these days and I believe he’ll be a great addition to the squad.
Hope the lad does great things for us. The problem is a few folk are putting him down without really having seen much of him. Likewise with a few posters who seem to have made a hobby out of watching him the past few years, but not raved about him until we became interested.

Very true that. It’s strange how underrated he is, not every midfielder can be as good as Silva or De Bruyne, and we don’t need them to be, defensive midfield is a completely different role.

I don’t understand why some people need to get on a certain player’s back, he hasn’t even played a game for us yet! I don’t recall anyone making De Jong a scapegoat, or more recently Zinchenko, yet neither have the skills of Foden or Silva, so why is that an issue with Phillips?

Look at some of the prices teams have paid for poorer players (especially those dickheads across town!). Phillips is very good value these days and I believe he’ll be a great addition to the squad.
Welcome Kalvin de Philips / Philipsininho will help with his acceptance

Yep, not a flash signing but potentially a very smart one. His aggression and mobility should complement Rodri’s skillset very well, no point just signing a lesser clone of your main man when you can expand the options available to the coach

Apart from being great catch, have City now got their quota of English players, or City still casting a net to reach that quota?

Do NOT kick off the fish puns again please………

Last time was too much and this isn’t the plaice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.