Kalvin Phillips | Joins City on a 6-year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
The answer to your question would be, if I made it at City, my team, I would not be looking to leave them because they are my team.

We can all speak like supporters, but that isn't a realistic POV when talking about players. There are countless examples of footballers who have moved on from their boyhood clubs to better their careers, and there are countless examples at City of players who were City through and through but were sold on because it's what the club wanted. There's no loyalty in the business of football and yet players are meant to be 'loyal'.

Also winning things and money are, in this instance, interchangeable. Phillips snubbing a move to City because he's loyal to Leeds might seem admirable, but it's also an unrealistic and pretty thick position for him to take. Grealish was Villa through and through but he left because he wanted to test himself at a higher level, win trophies, and earn more money. Equally, City yarded Nedum, who was City through and through and was desperate to stay, because they thought they could do better.

These lads can only look after themselves, their careers are short.

Maybe Phillips is desperate to get out of Leeds after suffering the last few months with that crackpot in charge

He can see a season of misery unfolding with his coach doing laps of honour after losing 6-0 at home to Huddersfield

Just come out of an interesting dinner in Solihull (of all places!) with a sponsor. City have offered Doyle in a part ex, but Leeds aren’t interested. Expect this to rumble on
Wonder if someone a bit more valued might swing it like delap or Mcatee not that I would consider it,but then again I’m not one of those calling the shots at City ..

Wonder if someone a bit more valued might swing it like delap or Mcatee not that I would consider it,but then again I’m not one of those calling the shots at City ..
The rule coming into play about the amount of loan players a club can send out will seriously fuck with our business model.

No doubt that moving forward we will find a way to use the sister clubs as a way to get around it…. But the powers that be will always be chasing us.

But as it stands we’ve got a load of players on the books, who will never play for City, who we need to use as transfer leverage this window.

If we can get Phillips for £35m it will be very good move, he is an excellent passer of the ball and reads the game well. He is not called the Yorkshire Pirlo for nothing.

We can all speak like supporters, but that isn't a realistic POV when talking about players. There are countless examples of footballers who have moved on from their boyhood clubs to better their careers, and there are countless examples at City of players who were City through and through but were sold on because it's what the club wanted. There's no loyalty in the business of football and yet players are meant to be 'loyal'.

Also winning things and money are, in this instance, interchangeable. Phillips snubbing a move to City because he's loyal to Leeds might seem admirable, but it's also an unrealistic and pretty thick position for him to take. Grealish was Villa through and through but he left because he wanted to test himself at a higher level, win trophies, and earn more money. Equally, City yarded Nedum, who was City through and through and was desperate to stay, because they thought they could do better.

These lads can only look after themselves, their careers are short.
Franny, Barnes, Owen, SWP. none wanted to leave but were forced. Difficult for us as fans to think of it as just a job.

Just come out of an interesting dinner in Solihull (of all places!) with a sponsor. City have offered Doyle in a part ex, but Leeds aren’t interested. Expect this to rumble on
Im not surprised....Doyle has potential but he is untested at Prem level and probably needs a loan in the Championship first.
Losing Philips will mean they have to recruit,and finding his quality will not be an easy task.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.