Kalvin Phillips | Joins City on a 6-year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its laughable comparing him to Pirlo tbh. Where are the Philips brigade to City tonight? I've watched leeds quite a bit last season, he's decent, but miles off City's level.

Not necessarily disagreeing with your assessment of the player, but “Yorkshire Pirlo” is a tongue-in-cheek nickname the Leeds fans gave him in the Championship. I don’t think anyone has ever seriously made the comparison

So now he’s not good enough. Seems to be a general pattern on here.....

someone plays well - we should buy him and he has potential

plays poorly - not good enough, never was

So now he’s not good enough. Seems to be a general pattern on here.....

someone plays well - we should buy him and he has potential

plays poorly - not good enough, never was
For me, it’s not that he’s not good enough, it’s more the overhype from the media. They went overboard with his assist for Sterling‘s goal, than the goal itself . They also had photos of all the England players single Mums (Philips, Rashford & Sterling)
The next thing will be they dig some kind of misdemeanour from his past and then crucify him, similar to Sterling, although he’s turned that round with his work with racism.

Was always going to be an overreaction after his opening game.

He looks combative but he's extremely limited for what City would want, which is someone who can actually break up play and actually make a forward pass at the same time.

He's probably got a move to somewhere like Spurs or Arsenal in him at some stage, but not top class.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.