Kalvin Phillips | Joins City on a 6-year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
After Stones thought him and Foden were our best performances. He doesn’t need rice next to him needs Foden or Grealish just ahead of him. I think he’d do very well for us

After Stones thought him and Foden were our best performances. He doesn’t need rice next to him needs Foden or Grealish just ahead of him. I think he’d do very well for us
He wouldn't make our team, even on a rotation basis, we have Rodri and Ferdy who are much better holding midfielders who can also get forward, create and score the odd goal. No place in our squad for him, on a par with Fred at the Rags, not bad players but not good enough for us.

Was always going to be an overreaction after his opening game.

He looks combative but he's extremely limited for what City would want, which is someone who can actually break up play and actually make a forward pass at the same time.

He's probably got a move to somewhere like Spurs or Arsenal in him at some stage, but not top class.
When watching other teams on tv don’t you scream at the box when they give the ball away so easily.....think Foden must sometimes be near to despair and long to get back to Etihad and playing with good players who can control the ball!
we have been spoiled for several years now!

When watching other teams on tv don’t you scream at the box when they give the ball away so easily.....think Foden must sometimes be near to despair and long to get back to Etihad and playing with good players who can control the ball!
we have been spoiled for several years now!
I realise watching other teams how much I've sratrted to take for granted how good we really are and what a joy it is to watch the passing from the back allthe way through our team. every week.
It must be difficult for all our players to but think especially Stones when all those around him haven't the slightest idea how to play out from the back.

He wouldn't make our team, even on a rotation basis, we have Rodri and Ferdy who are much better holding midfielders who can also get forward, create and score the odd goal. No place in our squad for him, on a par with Fred at the Rags, not bad players but not good enough for us.
I don’t rate Rodders tbh pal think Phillips is at least as good on ball but more aggressive and mobile. Dinho in different league but he’s 36 and Pep (wrongly) didn’t play him in biggest game of the season. He’s not gonna play a lot next year imho. Phillips is looking to get forward at Euros tbf to the lad and he’s got a good engine.

I don’t rate Rodders tbh pal think Phillips is at least as good on ball but more aggressive and mobile. Dinho in different league but he’s 36 and Pep (wrongly) didn’t play him in biggest game of the season. He’s not gonna play a lot next year imho. Phillips is looking to get forward at Euros tbf to the lad and he’s got a good engine.
All opinions, but I don't think Phillips is as good on the ball as anyone in our squad.....give you he's aggressive but so was vinny jones. Aggressive and good engine are always seen as good English traits, add good technical ability and you've got players like Fern/Kante ect which is level above and required.

Totally agree Grealish in the middle with Foden and Sancho on either side, maybe play 3 at the back with Walker Stones and A N Other. Stones is perfect for a sweeper role

The Scottish lad outplayed him in this game, though he was allowed to by the ref.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.