Kalvin Phillips | Joins City on a 6-year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we can also do better. For similar money and the same age, I'd take Bissouma ahead of him. Makes more tackles, is a better passer, and also carries the ball really well.
Does he fill a “Homegrown/English“ slot? If not, it’d be nice to have half the England team on the field for City (Walker, Stones, Philips, Foden, Sterling, Grealish) and vice versa!

Next thing you know, the Men’s Team will be like the Women’s!!!

That would be nice! I'm assuming Bissouma would take Fernandinho's slot in this hypothetical
I was hoping there’d be room for Haaland, too! I assume Sergio’s slot is still available, though. I’d save Fernandinho’s slot for a left back, although Id imagine Mendy is going to get sacked, so that’ll be available, too!

Hes definitely the most similar "metronome" with cross-passing to Ferna, its very hard to find that long-passing/switch of play (often progressive, gaining ground/meters) and physicality from deep that can get around the pitch in a combination.

We usually see the twinkle toes like Parejo in Spain or Old-School Scholes that have that type of passing attribute. Bissouma is far from this. Its very unusual to have both.. Kimmich for Bayern and Brozovic for Inter does not have this to that level for instance. Neither does Frenkie and forget about Ndidi in that aspect.
And Rice is an old school CB in this aspect, often preferring to transport the ball for a while before changing sides so to doing the pass easier but by that also losing time for his team-mate/giving his team-mate less time.

I think he is much better from deep and him and Rice should change roles a bit in the national side with Rice charging forward with the ball at times (his signature driving runs with the ball) and doing the higher pressing in spurts and Kalvin covering a bit and creating the triangles for the CBs that he does much better. I'm not sure why the roles got reversed really. (probably some kind of chronological hierarchy)
Rice doesnt really do this at WH (neither does WH as a team) while Kalvin does this all day long for Leeds.

I love Rodri though lol.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.