Kalvin Phillips

Yep, and his stock is rock bottom following that stint at West Ham. Why would a midtable side want to commit £140k per week of their wage budget on him at this point?
Because if he goes on loan he isn’t costing anyone a transfer fee for a potentially good centre mid if he can get his shit back together.

Because if he goes on loan he isn’t costing anyone a transfer fee for a potentially good centre mid if he can get his shit back together.

It's a lot of money still for a lot of teams at the moment. I think most would prefer the potential of a younger player from the Championship or abroad. Hopefully there's a team around who will feel his skills (and limitations) fit their needs, but I expect the one's who would consider him would either lowball us, or are teams he wouldn't be keen on.

It's a lot of money still for a lot of teams at the moment. I think most would prefer the potential of a younger player from the Championship or abroad. Hopefully there's a team around who will feel his skills (and limitations) fit their needs, but I expect the one's who would consider him would either lowball us, or are teams he wouldn't be keen on.
Nah, even if we subsidise his wages slightly we will be shot of him easily enough.

Yep, and his stock is rock bottom following that stint at West Ham. Why would a midtable side want to commit £140k per week of their wage budget on him at this point?

I think I know the answer to why this and transfers like these happen.

Every top coach I've ever come across has "I can fix him" syndrome. They have this belief that they can polish up a rough diamond, especially one with great history, and make them into a star. Phillips isn't that far removed, somebody will take a punt on him.

I think I know the answer to why this and transfers like these happen.

Every top coach I've ever come across has "I can fix him" syndrome. They have this belief that they can polish up a rough diamond, especially one with great history, and make them into a star. Phillips isn't that far removed, somebody will take a punt on him.

I think they will too, but i think they will have us making a pretty big contribution to his wages.

Just watched the City visit to the hospital in America and the lad comes across well. Little kid gave him 25cents that said he was going to keep. Maybe it’ll be his lucky ‘quarter’ and he can win everyone over with some decent performances. Either that or he’ll be getting fit and moved on once we land back in blighty and have a few players back in the squad.
I, for one, wish the lad all the very best. It’ll be some turnaround if he can do it but if anyone can get the best out of someone it’s Pep.
** Mods there is no player thread for Kalvin. I didn’t want to tempt fate!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.