Kalvin Phillips

He’s not going to Turkey is he, he’ll at least want to stay in the UK

I should imagine he would have to take a massive pay cut if he went to Turkey. Hasn't he got a baby too? - Can't see him moving his family to Turkey with a new baby and a big pay cut.

I don't think there will be a shortage of clubs around Europe that would take him on for the right price. It's just whether he's willing to take an inevitable drop in wages.

I should imagine he would have to take a massive pay cut if he went to Turkey. Hasn't he got a baby too? - Can't see him moving his family to Turkey with a new baby and a big pay cut.

I don't think there will be a shortage of clubs around Europe that would take him on for the right price. It's just whether he's willing to take an inevitable drop in wages.

I just dont see Kalvin as a guy who would leave the UK mate? Dont see his nature wanting to be away from his family and local area.

I just dont see Kalvin as a guy who would leave the UK mate? Dont see his nature wanting to be away from his family and local area.

I agree.

I think somewhere like Everton would be ideal for him. Not too far from home and they're probably a bit better than they were a couple of years ago, points deduction aside.

I just wonder how many Premier League clubs see him as a big gamble now because of his shit show loan spell at West Ham.

I agree.

I think somewhere like Everton would be ideal for him. Not too far from home and they're probably a bit better than they were a couple of years ago, points deduction aside.

I just wonder how many Premier League clubs see him as a big gamble now because of his shit show loan spell at West Ham.

Most of them to be honest mate i would imagine. H e needs to go and try and rebuild in a lower expectation team?

He had decent wages at Leeds, great wages at City, he'll now have to accept decent wages again (£65k a week) if he wants to play in UK.

He's no spring chicken and it's a short career. It's such a pity that his loan to WHU was so catastrophic, its set his reputation and confidence back a long way .

Best wishes to him.

He had decent wages at Leeds, great wages at City, he'll now have to accept decent wages again (£65k a week) if he wants to play in UK.

He's no spring chicken and it's a short career. It's such a pity that his loan to WHU was so catastrophic, its set his reputation and confidence back a long way .

Best wishes to him.
Why would he have to accept 65k? He has a contract with 4 years left on of it on 150k apparently. He aint moving anywhere for a paycut. Best case is loans and we cover a chunk of the wages, or we pay him off. And rightly so I may add, i wouldnt take a pay cut either. His first proper pay cut will be when his contract ends in 4 years time and he moves to pittance as his career will be fucked.

I'd love Kalvin to succeed but he ain't getting a place in front of our battle hardened, experienced warrior defenders we have currently. Whilst he looked ok amongst the kids in the friendly, I wouldn't get to carried away.

He came to us and thought he'd made it and from afar it looked easy. Accept the pass, lay it off to one of the many world class players and sit back and watch (Nunes seems to have a little of this). Everyone of our players works and runs hard but not everyone sees or appreciates it.

There is still a player in there, with Kalvin, but he's drowning.

Bielsa, Southgate and Pep all saw something. I have to admit, it's a little mystifying that Pep can't get his mojo back.
I think Pep's just too much of a hard ass for a guy like Kalvin.

It's like someone who's been a decent bank clerk at a local branch in a Yorkshire village being promoted to work on a Wall St. trading floor and Pep is Gordon Gekko.

I think Pep's just too much of a hard ass for a guy like Kalvin.

It's like someone who's been a decent bank clerk at a local branch in a Yorkshire village being promoted to work on a Wall St. trading floor and Pep is Gordon Gekko.
Gordon Gecko GIFs | Tenor

I know the club gets most things right but this is up there with Roque Santa Cruz as one of the worst bits of business since the takeover (albeit for different reasons). 150k pw you say ? Beggars belief - can't imagine why they offered him that much as I don't suppose there were many challengers for his signature. The fact that he could have earnt iro 50m from City before he leaves defies belief.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.