Kansas City, Missouri

Southern

Might have to go there for a work conference (I’m self employed) in August. Conference is 3 days.

Plan is to get there one night before. And maybe stay a couple of extra nights (so maybe 5 nights total)

I would be departing from London (Gatwick preferable to Heathrow if possible). Anyone with any idea what route/connecting flights as I assume there is no direct flight ?

And also, any tips on what else to do out there within car or train distance?

Was up there last weekend for the Sporting KC game. Around the stadium, which is a great little stadium I'm, there is an area called Legends which had tons of restaurants, shopping, hotels and there's the Speedway track.

Even though I'm smack in the middle of KC and St. Louis the options for flights tend to favour St. Louis. So I can't really say what is best for certain. I'd imagine through Chicago or Atlanta but there will be options for the east coast too. Doo plenty of searching in August flights can be more than double.

The Royals and Chief's stadiums are togethet if you wanted to tour. Royals stadium looks great but their team are awful this year.

Thanks for all advice so far. Thinking now to just go alone due to high ticket prices in August. Also, no other places within a one day return journey worth staying for.

So, plan would be get there Wednesday, conference for Thurs-Sat then get return flight on the Sunday. Will be important to have short time between connecting flights. Unless, I go one day earlier and/or allow hours to connect in Chicago to explore a few hours there

Thanks for all advice so far. Thinking now to just go alone due to high ticket prices in August. Also, no other places within a one day return journey worth staying for.

So, plan would be get there Wednesday, conference for Thurs-Sat then get return flight on the Sunday. Will be important to have short time between connecting flights. Unless, I go one day earlier and/or allow hours to connect in Chicago to explore a few hours there

Connect via New York and spend a few days there.

Went a few times in the 90s but to a suburb In Kansas state (Overland Park). Nothing to do there at all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.