Karen Danczuk

Mustard Dave said:
I've just been having a look at her Twitter feed. Considering she is a councillor, there is very little on her Twitter feed about her business as one.
Who gives a flying fuck about her council business; we need to see more of her thrupennies! Politics? Pfft.

Seems our Karen is now available.....
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...news/rochdale-mp-simon-danczuk-former-9543873

Rochdale MP Simon Danczuk and his former councillor wife 'selfie queen' Karen confirm they have separated

The 48-year old politician wrote on Twitter that he was 'devastated'
  • 421 Shares
  • Rochdale MP Simon Danczuk and his wife Karen have separated, the Labour politician has confirmed.

Mr Danczuk, who has been the Member of Parliament for Rochdale since 2010, confirmed the split both in a statement and a posting on the social media site Twitter.

The 48-year old politician wrote on Twitter that he was 'devastated' by the split from Karen, 32, who was previously a councillor for Kingsway, Rochdale, but said that 'life has to go on'.

He also issued a statement to confirm the reports which appear in Monday's Sun newspaper.

Mr Danczuk said: "I am very sad to say my wife and I are separating after eight years together."

"Our main concern is for the wellbeing of our two children and we would ask the media to respect our privacy at this difficult time."

It is thought the couple's relationship had been under strain for some time and that Mr Danczuk has reportedly already left the family home in Rochdale.

She waived her right to anonymity in a front page interview with The Sun and told the Mail on Sunday that she had reported her alleged attacker to police.

The controversial former councillor also defended posting a series of revealing pictures of herself in low-cut tops on Twitter, saying they were a response to the sexual abuse she says she suffered as a child.

She had faced criticism from, amongst others, the former Conservative MP Louise Mensch.

Mensch described Karen, 31, as “Westminster’s most embarrassing wife” and accused her of “cheapening” women in politics.

Karen Danczuk hit back at critics in one interview saying: "For years afterwards I felt worthless, guilty, as though I had somehow brought this on myself. But I was just a little girl. I was on antidepressants for years and wanted to kill myself.

But my husband Simon encouraged me to have therapy and now – after intensive counselling – I have been able to get some confidence back.

"I used to cover my body, wear head-to-toe black clothes so I didn’t draw attention to myself. I was so self-conscious.

I now know I didn’t do anything wrong. Finally I realise this isn’t my fault. I can have fun without feeling ashamed of myself. And that is why I take pictures and put them on Twitter – because I can. I am now free to do whatever I want."

Mensch was right, she cheapened the image and respectability of women in politics and in positions of power in general. She was either in over her head or manipulating the media to spin out a future career depending on how you want to spin it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.