Karim Rekik joins PSV on loan.

Yes - he has gone from being called crap by Blackburn fans (playing on the left at a rotting club) from holding his own against Mario in the Champions League for PSV and being named in the provisional Dutch squad. This is exactly why you choose your loans carefully... if a kid looks like he is stagnating, give him the best possible loan and he will develop. This was our mistake with Suarez last season but hopefully one we won't repeat with our better prospects in future.

KARIM REKIK

(Reuters) - PSV Eindhoven's young centre back pairing of Jeffrey Bruma and Karim Rekik were named in the Dutch squad for two World Cup qualifiers next month less than a day after an impressive Champions League performance against AC Milan.

It is a first call up for 18-year-old Rekik, on loan from Manchester City, while Bruma, who has four caps, is selected for the first time since Louis van Gaal took over as coach

Cobwebcat said:
Hmmmm aren't we short of a centre half?!!

Bloody 'ell

We are but i'm sure,in the long run,this will be the making of him and we will be getting back a very good footballer.

Here,i doubt he would have played much football,frustration would have crept in and we may have had another Suarez......

Great news on the call up!

So we all want good news. I certainly do. And like most if there isn't any I will make some up just to be positive but we are talking about a lad here who hasn't played well for our EDS or youth couldn't get a game at Blackburn,struggled at Portsmouth and as we knew really wasn't going to make a quick breakthrough here. I ask the question brutal but fair I think. What has been our gain from this investment and I ask the same for Suarez ??? Just eager recruitment to spend the sheiks money and they not even as good as some of our homegrown. I think we all know these 2 will be forgotten soon and so it continues.

salfordpaul said:
So we all want good news. I certainly do. And like most if there isn't any I will make some up just to be positive but we are talking about a lad here who hasn't played well for our EDS or youth couldn't get a game at Blackburn,struggled at Portsmouth and as we knew really wasn't going to make a quick breakthrough here. I ask the question brutal but fair I think. What has been our gain from this investment and I ask the same for Suarez ??? Just eager recruitment to spend the sheiks money and they not even as good as some of our homegrown. I think we all know these 2 will be forgotten soon and so it continues.

Sorry, but this is nonsense. Rekik did play well for our youth team and was played out of position at Blackburn (a mess of a club). Even Mancini, not known for his nurturing of youth, gave Rekik a City debut aged 16 and a Premier League appearance last year against Reading.

Have you watched Rekik recently, playing in his proper position? He has been excellent.

You realise that he played in the Champions League yesterday against AC Milan and played well, and has now been called up to the Dutch national team - which is better than the English national team.

Rekik looks far and away our best defensive prospect as it stands - tell me, which local homegrown centre half compares to him and would be able to play Champions League football aged 18? Rekik is a genuine prospect.

Vieira: "This guy has so much talent. If he does not make it, it will really be a failure for us."

Our youngsters need to be loaned to teams that know how to play attractive football similar to our first team, and not loaned out to some lower league English club where the manager is going to tell the defenders to hoof it every time they get the ball.

salfordpaul said:
What has been the gain from our investment?
How about you ask that question in 5yrs? 10yrs? time.

How can you possibly write him off because he hasn't played well at EDS level, which btw not one player except arguably Lopes has looked worthwhile playing in?

Madness.

Our gain from our investment in Suarez hasn't been what was expected I would like to think the club did everything for the lad and it is up to him to go out on the pitch and prove himself.
The sub 1m we paid to Celta? had he developed as expected would have been talked about as a masterstroke by Mancini and co but alas it hasn't worked out that way.

How many players have come through the academies of Real or Barca and been told there not good enough (Like your saying with Rekik) only for the same club to go and buy them for millions later on.

We will spend on players who won't make it but you only need a few to come through to make it all worthwhile.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.