Kays Catalogue

We had the Grattans one as well. Bought stuff out of there over 20 weeks with my paper round money.

Universal owned Kays I think had offices was on lever street.
It was on Devonshire Street Ardwick, my missus worked there for a while in the 70s, had a staff shop across the road customer's returns ect, think the main building is still called Universal House

Reactions: Ant
It was on Devonshire Street Ardwick, my missus worked there for a while in the 70s, had a staff shop across the road customer's returns ect
Yep, Universal House. As a youngster I had the biggest car crash of a job interview I've ever had there :-) but I was a bit full of myself and it taught me a valuable lesson at the time.

Yep, Universal House. As a youngster I had the biggest car crash of a job interview I've ever had there :-) but I was a bit full of myself and it taught me a valuable lesson at the time.
Car crash of an interview.....
Boss: Are you aware we have a catalogue.
Threespires: oh yeh, some really fit women in it, wank over them all the time.
Boss: ergh we do sell other things, not just lingerie
3spires: do you, never noticed I just look at the tits

Ironic to use the phrase "car crash" as the building houses the company that does the driving theory test, that probably many on here have taken there (as well as H&S CSCS tests)

We had the Grattans one as well. Bought stuff out of there over 20 weeks with my paper round money.
Me too mate. Several fishing rods, reels etc.
And my first 'racer' an Olympus 10 speed (in blue, obviously)
I seem to remember them selling air rifles and pistols too. Although I was never allowed one. Probably for the best on reflection.
Happy days

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.