Kazimierz Deyna

I think you're getting silky mixed up with one of his contemporary teammates Barry Silkman . Although his play wasn't that silky to be honest.
I still regard Silkman as the worst ever City player I have ever seen.Wanted to take all free kicks and throw ins.Became a footie agent.He loved himself ... pity no other fucker did.
`nuff said.

Do any of you remember him taking a free kick (toward the old scoreboard end) from about 35 yards.Every fucker in the ground went WTF !! It sailed in to the top right hand corner of the net.Wonderful silky player and just so unfortunate with his injuries.No idea as to why he picked City at the time. ;)

Do any of you remember him taking a free kick (toward the old scoreboard end) from about 35 yards.Every fucker in the ground went WTF !! It sailed in to the top right hand corner of the net.Wonderful silky player and just so unfortunate with his injuries.No idea as to why he picked City at the time. ;)
The Scoreboard End became The North Stand in 1971/72 Oakie. Although the new electronic scoreboard was incorporated into the North Stand.

Fantastic footballer.

Those that saw him play towards the end of his career, myself included were privileged.

I still regard Silkman as the worst ever City player I have ever seen.Wanted to take all free kicks and throw ins.Became a footie agent.He loved himself ... pity no other fucker did.
`nuff said.

Not often I disagree with you Oakie, but I do here my friend.... I will see your Barry Silkman and raise you a Gerry Creaney, who in my humble opinion, has the distinction of being the worst ever City player...…… by a country mile!

Classy player, I remember the friendly we played against Leiga as part of the deal where he played the first(?) half for us and made us look really good and then he swapped over and they slaughtered us.

He was in Escape to Victory alongside Mike Summerbee which was cool.
I was one of just two City fans (the other being Andy Shaw) who went to Poland to watch that friendly game. What an amazing trip! I've got enough anecdotes (all 100% true) to write a book; suffice to say that we ended up siiting on the City bench for the whole of the game.

It ended 2-1, with Deyna scoring a goal for each side.

Last edited:
`nuff said.

Don't think I'd say he was the worst I've ever seen because we've definitely had worse in our time. But he may well have had the biggest difference of any player I've seen between how highly he rated himself and how good he actually was. I loathed him more or less instantly, and thinking about him still winds me up 40 years on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.