KDB & Rednapp dissect key tactics - Sky Sports Match Zone interview

You could see last year that he'd mastered a way of getting us to the final third through possession from the goalkeeper, I just think this season we are doing it much quicker and much more accurate.

There are also clear differences in the result once we actually get there, because we are very, very threatening.

We are also defending much better as a whole and there is one critical area we have addressed to make it happen and that is 2nd balls. Pep was banging this drum all of last season and we are now winning those battles. We don't concede many chances and the ones we do, we now have a goalkeeper who can stop them.

I really enjoyed it. DeBruyne has a great understanding of the game. Future managerial material when he hangs his boots up.
You also get a little insight into what Pep wants from his players.

I don't think it's a secret really. Pep is a team man and all about trust. Everyone is treated the same, those with an ego have no place.

Tactically it must be a challenge in the PL because a lot of teams we face will defend in our final 3rd anyway so getting there is easy.

We play with a lot of width, a lot of pace. We also have technical players who are great on the ball so being quick and incisive around the box is made easier.

I just think last year was a sighter for Pep. He's got this down now, he's learned the league and addressed our weakness. It would seem like a minimum stipulate but so many managers get it wrong.

What a well grounded young man. I lik d how he describ d himself as a peice of a puzzle. Someone who takes a risky pass high up the pitch alongside players who excel in retaining the ball. Just shows how vital each individual role is and that each cog needs to work in order for the machine to keep working.

Also interesting how he mentioned his Chelsea miss. I think he lost a lot of confidence at that moment but has recovered well and we are really feeling the benefit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.