Keeping pace with Chelsea

moomba

Probably the best comparison to make given the impact of ownership changes to both clubs.

6 seasons since the takeover we've won 2 premier league titles, an FA Cup and a league cup. After 6 years under Roman, Chelsea had won 2 premier league titles, two FA Cups and 2 league cups.

So we're a bit behind, but that is expected given they started from a much higher position, in the champions league and didn't have FFP to deal with. Also our takeover didn't go through until part way through that first season.

But I reckon it's still a worthy target to aim for, to match or even better Chelseas results in their first 10 years under Roman.

So 4 years to go and we need to win another league title, 2 FA Cups, a league cup, a Europa league and a champions league.

Except for the Europa league I reckon we can do it.

Would be surprised if we won the Champions League in the next 4 years. However, I wouldn't be surprised if we won more than one league title though.

Are you sure you've got their count for FA Cups right? I thought they won 4 in a 6 year period 2007-2012? So we'd need another 3?

Domestically, Chelsea only had to compete against two teams. We have had to compete against three clubs.

Manc in London said:
Domestically, Chelsea only had to compete against two teams. We have had to compete against three clubs.
Not true, Liverpool were greater threat during 2004-2009, i.e. Chelsea's first few years immediately after the takeover, than they have been to us (this season excluded).

Manc in London said:

Which could very feasibly increase to 4 or even 5 next season depending on transfers and managerial successes. Going to be tough.

kenzie115 said:
Would be surprised if we won the Champions League in the next 4 years. However, I wouldn't be surprised if we won more than one league title though.

Are you sure you've got their count for FA Cups right? I thought they won 4 in a 6 year period 2007-2012? So we'd need another 3?

Right you are. 3 more to go, might be tough in the next four seasons.

Champions2012! said:
Why are we comparing ourselves to them? They play shite anti-football

More about the success that anything. But Chelsea haven't always played anti football, they still hold the record for the most goals in a premier league season at 1 more than we got this season.

moomba said:
Probably the best comparison to make given the impact of ownership changes to both clubs.

6 seasons since the takeover we've won 2 premier league titles, an FA Cup and a league cup. After 6 years under Roman, Chelsea had won 2 premier league titles, two FA Cups and 2 league cups.

So we're a bit behind, but that is expected given they started from a much higher position, in the champions league and didn't have FFP to deal with. Also our takeover didn't go through until part way through that first season.

But I reckon it's still a worthy target to aim for, to match or even better Chelseas results in their first 10 years under Roman.

So 4 years to go and we need to win another league title, 2 FA Cups, a league cup, a Europa league and a champions league.

Except for the Europa league I reckon we can do it.

2 champions leagues instead

I just want to win the league every year. Anything else on top are a bonus for me, I want 20 league titles before sheikh mansour sells us on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.