Keir Starmer

A good idea but rushed and no thought to how shite the dwp is to cope with so many applying for pension credit

Where they have pissed me off is that they havent thought about means testing and where the right place to set it, as you say the poor pensioners shouldnt be included , the cut off needs to be much higher . Also rushing it in with no notice , should have announced it now but not to come in till next winter

Got the right hump about this

Spot on. Nothing wrong in taking off folk who don’t need it, nothing at all.

You said “It’ll end up being a good policy”
How can it be good policy if it still leaves 1,000,000 pensioners living on between £219 and £269 a week being left to fend for themselves? By no metric will this be good policy.

Of course it can be, the alternative is just giving everyone a benefit even if they don’t need it. They will end up being forced to address the areas they didn’t when they implemented it - as I said with the caveat that as long as they realise they have to change the narrative and see it as a net loser eventually.

You seem to think I was saying in its exact current guise. I didn’t say that at any point.

You said “It’ll end up being a good policy”
How can it be good policy if it still leaves 1,000,000 pensioners living on between £219 and £269 a week being left to fend for themselves? By no metric will this be good policy.

More than statutory maternity pay for a nursing mother and child. Why do old farts matter more than mothers and babies?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.