Keiren Westwood

Ideal choice for backup keeper given his HG status but i would imagine he would want to go somewhere he would get first team football? He's still only 29 and is good enough to be a starter at a smaller Prem club or at the top of the Championship

depps said:
Ideal choice for backup keeper given his HG status but i would imagine he would want to go somewhere he would get first team football? He's still only 29 and is good enough to be a starter at a smaller Prem club or at the top of the Championship
and sadly gave us a swerve before despite our best efforts on here

George Hannah said:
depps said:
and sadly gave us a swerve before despite our best efforts on here

In fairness because he wanted first team football but after his Sunderland nightmare a chance get a higher wage than anywhere else (as he would be club homegrown) and be our cup keeper he might be tempted.

He will probably end up back in the Championship and to be honest we should be looking for a better keeper even if he was considered Home Grown.

I thought Westwood would be an ideal choice as 2nd due to HG status but if Hart has another wobble we need a safe pair of hands and I would not be comfortable having Westwood play in the Champions League. There are plenty of quality keepers we could pick up on the cheap or on frees that could bolster the ranks (Valdes, Casillas or Caballero) and provide real experience in the Champions League.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.