Keisuke Honda close to signing - ESPN

skillman said:
Is he the one that scored that rocket free-kick at the World Cup?
yes.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qdhkqkWvC0[/youtube]

At about 1min 40 secs..

bluecityste said:
From what I remember of the world cup he was the best player in the tournament who didn't play for Uruguay, Germany, Holland or Spain.

If we got him for a knockdown price he woul definitely be a good squad player.

And signings made to 'sell shirts' as many have alluded to...well things hav moved on alot since the days when this may have been a consideration, players wages are so high that this has no bearing - Only if wages were <£30,000 pw could a player actually pay for himself, and thats the real BIG players like Beckham etc.

I'd wage to guess he actually would cover his yearly amortization figure in the books...he will sell some city shirts overseas for sure.

Obviously he has serious marketing potential and would be great cover for Silva as well.

samharris said:
skillman said:
Is he the one that scored that rocket free-kick at the World Cup?
yes.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qdhkqkWvC0[/youtube]

At about 1min 40 secs..

Ah not really the 'rocket' I described it as but still a great goal.

Didn't realise he was only 25 too...would be a good signing.

I watched the asian cup in qatar, he played really well in that. Japan beat the Aussies in the final.

Honda is one of the WC players I touted, as per my post WC comments herein this forum, regarding potential MC targets.
The only comments I garnered then was snide & sniggering remarks regarding car & engines. LOL.

Mates, he is the real McCoy. If we rate the rags Asian Player Park, this Honda will make or leave their 'unsung hero' in 'parked position'. Honda has the engine, power (left leg strikes) & pace to leave all other players in his wake.

Recall his high Capello Index!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.