Keith Curle

Gareth Barry Conlon

He has got Carlisle going really well in league 2 and is looking very dapper on the channel 5 football show right now. What is not to like?

I think he is the only one of that generation of players that I really respect. Never doubted his commitment as a player and has built a respectable career as a manager since.

Liked him as a player and was a hero of mine growing up. Watched his debut at Coventry and thought he was one of the quickest and best defensive organisers in the game. Left when we went down and slagged the club off and disrespected those who had supported him for five years. Hate him now.

Was quick and good on the ball but was poor in the air which is no good for a CB. He also did the dirty on us in a game at Villa when they were the rags only serious title contenders, only for him to score the only goal of the game and virtually put Villa out of the race. About the only game I can recall where City fans seemingly wanted us to lose a game.

I was gutted when he left and as I recal it he was sold / forced out when the club was a shambles. I didn't have any issue with what he said at the time. We were shit and went on to get relegated to the third tier the season after forcing him out!

What did he say when he left?

What mancityx said below. It was particularly sickening as we had just been relegated, Wolves were in the Prem (I think), he had walked out on us and the club was in a terrible state. Completely uncalled for and unwarranted.

Remember when the rags beat us 3-0 at home cole scored the last goal and curle nearly broke his leg after the ball had gone cole seemed to want to make something of it but soon fucked off when curle went head to head with him

Was quick and good on the ball but was poor in the air which is no good for a CB. He also did the dirty on us in a game at Villa when they were the rags only serious title contenders, only for him to score the only goal of the game and virtually put Villa out of the race. About the only game I can recall where City fans seemingly wanted us to lose a game.

Not my memory of that game, we took the lead, I remember Coton turning around and putting his head in his hands as if to say what have we done, but Villa still went on and won the game 3-1, Curle punched the ball in our box to concede a pen for Villa's second goal.

1993 Villa 3 City 1.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.