Keith Flint

The Prodigy was criminally underrated in both quality and influence, at least in the States. I often wonder whether the inner demons that artists cannot overcome that result in such tragedies also drive them to be so creative. Sad. What a band.

Saw the Prodigy at G Mex years ago, brilliant gig. Flint was a great front man RIP.

Very sad news. Used to and still listen to the very early stuff, along with all the old acid house volumes I have on disc.

R.I.P. Keith

As others have said, they were awesome at Knebworth and in my opinion, easily the best band of the day.

The lads I went with weren't that arsed about seeing them and when we knew they were coming on, we decided to get as many beers as we could physically carry in preparation for Oasis.....
.....we got near the beer stall, The Prodigy came on, we looked round and saw 120,000 people clapping as one to their first song (Voodoo People??) and thought "Fuck.....we need to be amongst that"!!

They were immense - made us wait for beer, that says everything!!!!

I saw Prodigy a couple of years ago in Manchester it was striking to see how diverse the crowd was. Heavy metal to hip hop fans to the old ravers to crusty old hippies and whiley old punks. A very broad church indeed and that's what they delivered. Liam with the production and sequencing with delivering as the enigmatic front man. Sadly missed one of the great front man from one of the most important bands of a generation.

Not read the thread yet but prodigy were my earliest memory of dance music. I remember as a youngster who was brought up on a bit of a shithole estate being in the back of a stolen Vauxhall nova with out of space being played at full blast thinking we were clever.

Loved loads of their tunes since hearing that like charly, Jericho, no good, everybody in the place, poison and my favourite voodoo people.

Should have gone to see them live but never got round to it.

Sad news.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.